M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I sold my 2009 LE 9 and bought 2008 LE busa.
I went to drag strip a couple of times with my 9 and my best e.t. was 12.seconds flat.
Even then I got pissed off,to see even smaller sports bikes to overtake me towards the end of strip...:confused:
Now I have a modded busa,that has dynoed 194 hp and 125 lbs at the wheels...
So Iam not going to be the last to cross the line anymore...
Now I am selling V-Stram tinted windshield,upswept mirrors,Stiletto style handle bar caps,and M109R long sleeve college shirt(xl).
If you are interested call me on 0404550999.
I live in Brisbane.
I still love 9,but busa has taken my heart.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I can understand how you feel. The more I ride my GSXR....the less I ride my 109. The 9 is quite the looker but the handling and perfomance of my GSXR is off the charts.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Well thats whats nice about motorcycles, there's something for everybody. Yeah you can't really compare a 800lb 1800cc "cruiser" to a 450lb 750cc (or bigger) sportbike. It's apples to oranges. The sportbikes handling, lightweight frame, high ground clearance, crouched riding position, High-Reving/High HP engines just can't be beat when your talking performance. Honestly I can see the draw for alot of guys to that type of bike.

I've ridden a couple of them on short rides and I just don't find them comfortable to ride at all myself. The twist of the throttle performance is very nice I must admit, but for me I just prefer the feet forward cruiser riding position & at least with the M109 you get good performance for the size bike it is and for the cruiser type design.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You said it all.
It is like comparing Porsche with a pickup truck.
I like my "109 pickup truck"

Well thats whats nice about motorcycles, there's something for everybody. Yeah you can't really compare a 800lb 1800cc "cruiser" to a 450lb 750cc (or bigger) sportbike. It's apples to oranges. The sportbikes handling, lightweight frame, high ground clearance, crouched riding position, High-Reving/High HP engines just can't be beat when your talking performance. Honestly I can see the draw for alot of guys to that type of bike.

I've ridden a couple of them on short rides and I just don't find them comfortable to ride at all myself. The twist of the throttle performance is very nice I must admit, but for me I just prefer the feet forward cruiser riding position & at least with the M109 you get good performance for the size bike it is and for the cruiser type design.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i have to say, i love my 9 over my gsx-r 600:dontknow:

from this

to this

best move i made.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Gotta agree, the 9 is a comfortable cruiser and will take almost any other in its class but will never compare with a 600 sport bike weighing half of a 9 for flat out speed.The last sport bike I rode was a 600 that would fly but I couldn't stand up straight for an hour after riding it.If I was looking for speed a BKing or Busa would be my chooice.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I told myself i had to sell the sportbike after i found my self doing something really stupid.

filming myself doing 144 in the rain. after i did it, i said that was really dumb:-\

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hello.
I sold my 2009 LE 9 and bought 2008 LE busa.
I went to drag strip a couple of times with my 9 and my best e.t. was 12.seconds flat.
Even then I got pissed off,to see even smaller sports bikes to overtake me towards the end of strip...:confused:
Now I have a modded busa,that has dynoed 194 hp and 125 lbs at the wheels...
So Iam not going to be the last to cross the line anymore...
Now I am selling V-Stram tinted windshield,upswept mirrors,Stiletto style handle bar caps,and M109R long sleeve college shirt(xl).
If you are interested call me on 0404550999.
I live in Brisbane.
I still love 9,but busa has taken my heart.
Let me know when you need more power. I have a turbo for a Busa sitting in my garage that is good for over 400hp. :a18:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just got an R1. Man is this thing crazy fast! Going around corners is like nothing i have ever felt. But this bike has no soul. it is a machine to fly around on. It now allows me to save that expensive back rubber on my 9 for when i am riding somewhere pretty and fun. I no longer commute everyday on it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Let me know when you need more power. I have a turbo for a Busa sitting in my garage that is good for over 400hp. :a18:
oooohhhh That sounds fun. Would love to try that sometime. Very nice.

·
Registered
922 Posts
D E P E N D S !

:dontknow:

Sometimes I feel like a nut, and sometimes I don't !.

I love both bikes equally. Usually if I'm going to be riding on trips over three hours one way I'll take the 9, for comfort. But if I'm scootin' around town, and rollin' on trips less than three hours I'm on the BUSA. They are different on every level, but they both have their own degree of W O W factor. Wouldn't want to live without either !

:clap2:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
Congrats bro, that's a great looking bike. I'd love to have one myself but I can't handle the riding position for more than a few miles.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
It's apples to oranges. The sportbikes handling, lightweight frame, high ground clearance, crouched riding position, High-Reving/High HP engines just can't be beat when your talking performance. Honestly I can see the draw for alot of guys to that type of bike.
:agree: I am just not wanting a sport bike. I think i would get into WAY to much trouble. :congrats: on your new ride. Enjoy her and ride safe.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I loved all of my sportbikes. It just got to a point where I was unwilling to spend $1700.00 a year on insurance for a sportbike that I rode 4 or 5 times a month.

One year insurance on my 9 is $284.00

If I were ever to get a sportbike in the future, it would be a Busa. Great bikes.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Nice looking bike:p I am too fat & old to ride in that position. My daughters friend has a gixer. I rode it once. After a few miles my hands hurt from laying on the gas tank:joke: I wont be able to walk straight up after riding something like that:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts