M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M109R with 9k miles... they are asking 7k firm. Is that a good buy? Also... This is my first bike.. am I insane for such a large/heavy bike?

It was this or a R6. Im more comfy on the 9, but am I being realistic with my experience?

Please help with advice.. pulling the trigger on one tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
I also paid 7k for my 07 about 3 months ago with 3200 miles on it. Even with 9k on it it still is a good deal. Go with the 9 you will get extremely board with the r6 rather fast.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ita about 2 hours away from me. Grrrr. I wish I've been riding. I wouldn't have to beg someone to being it back for me.

I was more so worried about the size as a newbie rider. However, I know it's all wrist control. I've yet to go over 15mph.

·
Registered
678 Posts
The 9 does 15mph while standing still, hold on!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
Great deal, but be careful with it. It is heavy and has loads of torque, so getting it out of shape at low speed can get you in trouble. Take a MSF course for sure.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
GO GET IT!!! The 9 was my first bike also. People told me not to get it. But, I had to have it, and have never regretted it.

Just take your time with it. Remember clutch control. I'm not sure where you live, but in PA you don't have to pay for the MSF course. If it makes you feel better, take the riding portion of the class again.

Good Luck in your decision. If you go with the 9, watch out for the MOD monster.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had been riding an R1 for several years then just picked up my 9 for $7,500 with only 1,100 miles. The riding styles are very different between the two. The R1 was too easy to get in big trouble with, curves begged me to push it and straight roads became very boring without a little speed. The 9 is way more comfortable on longer jaunts and doesn't get the popo's attention as much even though it has a ton of power. So far, I am in love with the 9 and what it does but I did have to experience sportbike speed. I have no need to ride at 170 anymore, got my fix.
Either bike can get you in trouble if you dont respect it and understand the limits of both yourself and the bike.

By the way, there are alot more mods you can do to the 9 even though the R1 was heavily modded itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
So... Would it be stupid if I bought the R6 to finish this ridimg season to get experience and that "thrill":.. Then sell and purchase the 9 next year? Remember, the 6 is 2500 cheaper and quite lighter to get experience on 2 wheels.

Your recommendations please....

·
Registered
668 Posts
If you buy the R6 now I am sure you will like it but when you sell it next year to get a 9. Once you get that 9 you will be kicking yourself for not getting the 9 a year sooner.

Get the 9 now. Take your time and you will do fine. the 9 is like no other bike on the road. the R6 is like every other sporty on the raod. Go with something different.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Another reason I bought the 9 as my first bike was because I didn't want to have to deal with buying a starter bike and then trying to sell it a year later. I saw the 9, I loved it, I bought it, NO REGRETS.

And, as far as learning on the 9, I just took my time. I went to class then came home and practiced on my 9.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Another reason I bought the 9 as my first bike was because I didn't want to have to deal with buying a starter bike and then trying to sell it a year later. I saw the 9, I loved it, I bought it, NO REGRETS.

And, as far as learning on the 9, I just took my time. I went to class then came home and practiced on my 9.
Me too

1 - 20 of 21 Posts