M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My timing chain broke in November. Replaced, 2 intake valves, stator plate, cam chain gear and chain. Finally got the bike back after one dealer gave up on fixing it. The bike runs good in all gears at lower even mid rpm. I realise i should break it in a little but i wanted to see if the bike would run like it should after being apart for so long. Around 5 grand (rpm) at wide open throttle the bike hesitates likes it's starving for fuel. This bike has been torn apart by four suzuki techs and a suzuki rep. now and the last guy that had it seems like the only one who knows how to fix the bike. The other two mechanics blamed the bike running poor on my pipes and power commander but they couldn't figure out how to time it right.

Timming was set by a new dealer and the bike run's fine untill i crack the throttle. Any ideas? Back to the shop it goes.

Gas has been in there for a few months. I threw in some octane boost and topped it up with new fuel but it's wierd it's a consistant hesitation at the same rpm and throttle position. Doesn't feel like bad gas would. I'm taking this thing to a diesel mechanic buddy next as I've now had 3 shops and 4 mechanics work on this thing and they all do more damage then good.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
That really sounds like something with the fueling. I know they've tuned the Power Commander, but you might want to consider taking it to another shop for a tune. They should show you an air/fuel ratio chart that is consistent, and I bet you have a lean dip around the range it's hesitating.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
fuel filter?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
95% that it is in the fuel map.

·
Registered
448 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No Tre. It does sound like fuel delivery problems. I'll have to dig out my disc for my pcIII then see maybe he changed the map on me. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried several different map's tonight. Three with aftermarket pipes similar to mine. Everytime around 4-4500 rpm it hits a flat spot and sputters. I put the stock m109r map on and it sputtered but continued to accelerat once it past it. I did find one map that had the suzuki big air kit so that ran good but flat for a few spots again. Defenitely a difference yet i had to quit trying different maps because i didn't want someone calling the cops everytime i went up and down the street.

Can't figure out home come before my repairs a specefic map ran SMOOTH with no problems and now none seem to work. ? Could the timing cause such a problem?

Mods. (Cobra speedster exhaust and a K&N). I normally ran the advanced map for the cobra dragsters with stock or aftermarket air filter.

I have a feeling if i take it back to the stealer now he's going to want to charge me for toying with aftermarket stuff even though the bike has not run right since i've had it back. So sick of this bike it's not even funny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts