M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a quicklink for me 2 click on to order some amsoil oil. I know its probably already in here some where, BUT I'm too lazy to look, lol. AND I'm past-due for my 600mile checkup and the dealer wants to charge me over $200! DO they even do anythinmg besides cjhange the oil!?

P.S. Anyone know the oil-weight for this hott time-a-year?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
they are supposed to change the oil/filter, change the final drive oil (7ozs is all it takes) and tighten up/check various nuts and bolts. Get a service manual from www.oneidasuzuki.com and do it all yourself. Keep receipts for you oil/filter purchases and log the dates it was done on some paper and keep it with your title/registration. the will keep dealers from jacking you on warrantee issues. This time of year 20-50w is good to use. I just did a second oil change at 1200 miles for kicks instead of waiting till 4k and noticed hardly any metal shavings on the magnetic drain plugs. I also switched mine over to full synthetic oil I found a good buy on Repsol 10-50w full synthetic at Cycle Gear and they had the K & N oil filter too which is nice since it has the 17mm nut on the end so you don't have to use any kind of special filter wrench. the stock filter will be extremely tight, the service manual recommends the filter be tightened by hand until it contacts the motor then two full turns. that is going to be tight, but they say it will keep the filter on the bike from all the vibes. You can do this easy on and off with the K & N filter. You will need a filter wrench to get the old one off, the pliers type like the have at Auto Zone works good. Do a search on here to find Amsoil, there are a couple of people that deal it. I still have some Amsoil gear oil and thats what I put in the final drive. Oildoc is one member who deals Amsoil. Happy motoring.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I assume you mean Amsoil Synthetic?
My dealer recommended that I not go synthetic until at least 6,000km service
I know there are differing opinions but bores etc would need to bed in first as far as I'm aware

1 - 4 of 4 Posts