M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
I think that is a defect. The outer edge looks like it chunked. Maybe you hit something on the road and didn't realize it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like to turn. Thats why I bought a motorcycle.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DFW_Warrior said:
I like to turn. Thats why I bought a motorcycle.
Gee I guess you would have just sat and waited for a tire to show up on Monday or Tuesday then. ::) Sometimes you got to take what you can get Bro.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lamonster said:
Gee I guess you would have just sat and waited for a tire to show up on Monday or Tuesday then. ::) Sometimes you got to take what you can get Bro.
No silly, I would pull the wheel off and mount the other new tire I have laying in the garage!! That's why I always have spares. These muscle cruisers eat tires! I really need to buy stock in Dunlop. :D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Aussie109 said:
Heck , at least you've solved the sidestand issue....don't even need to put the stand down :joke:
lol.. if he lets the air out of his rear shock the sides of the fender might actually land on that truck tire! You may be on to something there Aussie

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DFW_Warrior said:
No silly, I would pull the wheel off and mount the other new tire I have laying in the garage!! That's why I always have spares. These muscle cruisers eat tires! I really need to buy stock in Dunlop. :D
I bought the only 18" tire in Moab, I have a warehouse full of tires but there 2500 miles from where I was today. :confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well then in that case... more power to ya. That's one reason I'm grateful for a 17" rear rim. Tires are everywhere for them.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
No silly, I would pull the wheel off and mount the other new tire I have laying in the garage!! That's why I always have spares. These muscle cruisers eat tires! I really need to buy stock in Dunlop. :D
Did ya miss the part about them being on a long trip to Sturgis? I'm betting a trip to his garage was kind of out of the question.

Ok, now I'm a bit confused. The first pic shows the tire under a bike with the plate mounted under the fender. The other two pics show a bike with the plate mounted on the hub. Did you guys take a good wheel/tire off one bike and put it on the defected bike and then put the car tire on that other bike? Also, I'm on a crappy computer at work with a crappy monitor. I cannot make out what that hose is on the left side, nor can I see what Hal was referring to about the side of the tire.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Did ya miss the part about them being on a long trip to Sturgis? I'm betting a trip to his garage was kind of out of the question.
No, but I've been on several long trips before and needed tires half way through. But I've always been able to find motorcycle tires before. There was no explaination on his pics so I didn't know if he was just doing it because he wanted better mileage or what. I guess I'm lucky that I can fit a 190x17" tire on the back though. Chalk one up to the small tire guys!!! :D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
DFW_Warrior said:
No, but I've been on several long trips before and needed tires half way through. But I've always been able to find motorcycle tires before. There was no explaination on his pics so I didn't know if he was just doing it because he wanted better mileage or what. I guess I'm lucky that I can fit a 190x17" tire on the back though. Chalk one up to the small tire guys!!! :D
Very true, but there are some places... Casper Wyoming come to mind, where there are many many many miles of nothing. Finding a 240/40 VR18 tire would be wishful thinking. I'm still interested in hearing how that car tire rides... not that I would ever want to try it, but ya never know.

·
Registered
122 Posts
now thats a good friend. Giving up his good tire. Nice job coming up with a fix in a jam. I would have never thought of putting a car tire on . I bet burnouts would be very easy with that harder compound.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts