M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I think you'll get quite a bit better flow from those ports with a little shaping and polishing..(way better than I guessed) I'm sure you will 'eat' the 140 HP mark with all combinations

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ppridgen1 said:
not meaning to pick, Hal , but try to stay back and use the zoom so the camera can focus a little better, but anyhow ....wow that was running rich for sure!
I didn't take those pictures.

And from experience I can tell you taking pictures close up in less than perfect lighting can be a problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Intake valves, exhaust valves, cylinder heads, pistons, engines, all the stuff that makes it go.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I am going to ask the dumb question now...  :redfaced:

If there is such "Low hanging fruit" in terms of horsepower gains in the motor then why do you think it wasn't done that way by Suzuki to begin with?? My understanding was that they were trying to eeek out every last pony they could to be the top dog.

Hal, I look forward to your results. I only hope that if you hit the 140 to 160 mark that I can afford to get it done, and can find a competent shop to do it.... 

Cause you know I gotta have it!!!  :bigthumbsup:  :evil:

:doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JUtah said:
I am going to ask the dumb question now... :redfaced:

If there is such "Low hanging fruit" in terms of horsepower gains in the motor then why do you think it wasn't done that way by Suzuki to begin with?? My understanding was that they were trying to eeek out every last pony they could to be the top dog.

Hal, I look forward to your results. I only hope that if you hit the 140 to 160 mark that I can afford to get it done, and can find a competent shop to do it....Â

Cause you know I gotta have it!!! :bigthumbsup: :evil:

:doorag:
The manufacturers are in a tough spot. They want to provide a lot of HP but not enough to get all of the riders killed. So they try to fit in a HP spot that makes them look better than another manufacturer. Thats also why they try to confuse everyone with crankshaft HP as opposed to rear wheel HP. Crank is always much higher and creates an illusion of a monster bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts