M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted on the facebook group, and got a couple suggestions, thought I would try anyone still frequenting these forums as well.

Have a 2007 with about 13k miles and had an issue the past couple times out. When shifting into fifth, and then giving a good pull of the throttle, the bike does not have power immediately. For a couple seconds it will jerk like its going to grab ahold, but then it doesnt. It does that a couple times, then it finally hooks up and has power. Im trying to figure out if its clutch related or if its a fuel delivery issue.

one guy has suggested fuel filter and another the clutch going bad. Im leaning more toward a clutch adjustment possibly? Not noticing any chatter per say so i dont think its the hub nut, though that has not been addressed yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the engine wants to rev up but it doesn't move forward in sync with the motor, it might be a slipping clutch or could be the splines at the final drive.
the RPMs dont increase until it jerks the couple of times before actually grabbing....RPMs stay at the same level they would be at during a gear change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.