1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

How about this weekend??. The weather is going to be good
http://www1.sympatico.ca/cgi-bin/wx2004.pl?lng=en&stn=CAON0434
so let's make this one happen i wanna try out my new full face. It's waiting for me in Buffalo.....:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

The east side will handle the details i have no clue where this road is,but i
know where to meet Chris,Bob and Glen......:D:D.

Fire,Seadog,Newshound,Jester we could ride out together.....:D:D

Guess i should put the date in...:redfaced::redfaced:

Sunday Oct 17 time...:dontknow::dontknow:......place...:dontknow::dontknow:
Chris please fill in the blanks....:D:D

:beer2:
Rig

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I'm In!!!

I'm in for this one!

Let's plan for meeting at the Whitby Tim Hortons at Brock St/401 in Whitby. You can see it from the highway. There is a Brock Road in pickering, so don't cut off there, keep going to whitby.

We'll Meet there for 10am, and ride to Cobourg from there and do the 507. Just northeast of the 507 is Elephant Road, which is even better, and less traffic. We could do that too.

OK, who can get away for a good ride on Sunday?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'd love to ride, but I may not be able to go for sure just yet. It might be a game time decision for me. Don't count me in, but don't count me out for that matter either....

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Note the number of posts!! Lol, timing is everything!

Hummmmm? Could be a go :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Will have the route details posted shortly. Should be a great ride.

PS- I called R1Convert in Cobourg......Bad news.......Due to excessive speed issues on his part, he decided that he should put his bike on kijiji for sale in June. It sold in 3 days, the buyer paid cash right there on the spot, and after watching the guy drive down the street into the sunset, he had an attack of "WHAT THE F*** DID I JUST DO???" He has sellers remorse big time! He hasn't had the heart to visit the site here since the sale, as it just brings back the fact that he shouldn't have sold the 9 in the first place.

Now he's thinking of making his track bike ready for the street.

·
Registered
692 Posts
hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If its nice Sunday which its suppose to be, and I make it through saturday night at octoberfest we are going for a ride to Lover's Lane in Hamilton...but I wont know a time til sometime Sunday morning...email me or send me a quick note again with your cell number and I will text you on sunday monring when I know....Darren

·
Registered
52 Posts
instead of going to cobourg, for those in the farrr east, we can all meet up at the tims at 28/401, from theres its an ok ride north till we get north of peterborough,this is only a suggestiohttp://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&num=10&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=100469519635969185567.0004929d9c6ea1616e486&z=9n

·
Registered
52 Posts
including a ride upto elephant hill, you ready for this 3 hours 35 minutes 165 kms,and thats from hwy 28/401, damn thats a nice ride on a good day,elephant hill is at the bottom of Algonquin park, to give you an idea

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Im going to be up at the lake...and will come across through Bobcageon and hook up with you guys in Lakefield or somewhere around there...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice looooong ride

Am I reading this right, 3 hours plus each way? 6 and a half hours round trip plus travel from the west end. Man, this is a long one.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Am I reading this right, 3 hours plus each way? 6 and a half hours round trip plus travel from the west end. Man, this is a long one.
It's about 1/2hr from 401/28 to Peterborough. From there its about 1/2hr to get to 507. From 507 to top of Elephant Lake Rd about an hour depending on speed and traffic, so 2hrs would likely do it depending on stops on the way.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Im going to be up at the lake...and will come across through Bobcageon and hook up with you guys in Lakefield or somewhere around there...
Easiest thing for you if you are coming from Bobcaygeon is to meet at 36/507 at Flynn's store which is the start of 507.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
BTW, the weather is still looking great for Sunday.

Stavros, we'll try to estimate when we'll be in the Lakefield or Flynns area.

·
Registered
150 Posts
West end meetup spot

Hey Rig,

Where are the west enders assembling? May I suggest the TIM's on Highway 10 (Hurontario) at Britannia just south of the 401 at 8:15 am for a 8:30 am departure.

There is a Petro Can and an Esso nearby as well.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts