M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Wanted to ask you all if you have ever heard of getting a $50 check from Suzuki if you show them you passed the MSF basic rider course. I seem to remember somebody at the dealership telling me that, but it might be memory going south.

Anybody heard of this?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Macpilot said:
Hey guys.

Wanted to ask you all if you have ever heard of getting a $50 check from Suzuki if you show them you passed the MSF basic rider course. I seem to remember somebody at the dealership telling me that, but it might be memory going south.

Anybody heard of this?
I Have!!

I just took the MSF course earlier this week. At the end of the class, they mentioned that several companies were offereing kickbacks for taking the course. HD - hog money, Honda - 75 bucks, suzuki - 50...and one other company offered 50 as well..forgot.

I'm curious to know how it works though. I just purchased a 109 about a week ago, but I have not picked up the bike yet from the dealer due to weather / busy taking that class. I'm glad to hear that your dealer mentioned this offer though. I'm not sure if it comes off the price of the bike or if it's like a rebate you send in. I'm in a bad spot because I did not get the completion card yet...but I can't see waiting to get it before picking up the bike. Let me know if you find out anything more.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Does this have to be disclosed prior to purchasing the bike or can you show them that at the time you purchased the bike you had your MSF. I think I even mentioned it to my finance person when I was signing all of the documents as well.

Speaking of finance, they screwed up my payments vs. what they told me they would be but that's a whole other thread.

-Tim

·
Registered
817 Posts
Call Suzuki's customer service line and they will give you instructions. You have to send a form and a copy of your course completion card, blah blah blah. I think you have 6 months after the purchase of the bike to apply for the $50 reimbursement.

I am an MSF RiderCoach here in Illinois, and we always give out the cards right at the end of the last class.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts