M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Beautiful nudity... gotta love that DOHC... The intake runners sure look that they will benefit fromt he P&P job... :p

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
WOW when I first open this post it sure freaked me out to see the M all apart, looks like you've got surgery going on. I can hardly wait to see you put her back togeather again, and read you reaction to the out come of the operation.  Amazing! I just love this stuff! keep us posted. :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The most important thing out of all of this is that I hope people get some good ideas and the confidence to do some of this themselves.

P.S. And I hope I end up with 140HP.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
J R said:
Hal I dont know what your boys see there for h.p or what there thinkin for critical choke or combustion chamber shape or valve sizing .But Im seeing some H.P there ,as well as the set here my buddys got both look pretty identical in casting ect :bigthumbsup: You could do those yourself with what ya read in magazines and pick up H.P not even getting into the "sneaky" tricks.Good luck bud.Im sure your gonna be really happy.Thats cake right there for h.p ;) :bigthumbsup:
Ok J.R... I'll bite... What do you see?? :dontknow:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nherbst454 said:
I'm definately holding my breath for updates...I need some winter projects!!! (Is there anyone making cams yet?)
Maybe. We will know in a few days if they can do it after they get my cams.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hal,

What are the new cam specs gonna be (I know that hot cams with good\great headwork will yield tons of hp, especially in small block chevy motors, then hopefully that the rest of the drivetrain can take it) Good Luck :bigthumbsup: I hope you'll get 150 hp :eek:

Ed

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hal, do you think you could not post pictures of the gutted bike first.. :eek: :eek: I actually "eeked" when I saw the engineless frame! Skeered me 8)

I do also hope that when all is said and done you'll post a pricing list for what all these things cost.. I'm guestimating in the 4k range if not higher?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
z4woo said:
Hal,

What are the new cam specs gonna be (I know that hot cams with good\great headwork will yield tons of hp, especially in small block chevy motors, then hopefully that the rest of the drivetrain can take it) Good Luck :bigthumbsup: I hope you'll get 150 hp :eek:

Ed
The cam guys are working on it.

I hope I get 160HP.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dude, someone seriously vandalized your bike!!!  :eek: 

...joking!  anyway Hal, this is going to be very cool!  I can't wait to see what you guys get out of this engine.
It is definitely inspiration for me as well as most of the other guys here that are completely HP Crazy!

Please keep us posted!    :bigthumbsup:

--Krazydiver

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Lamonster said:
Any bets on how long it's going to take for JR to take his heads off? :evil:
Not long ;) :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually, JR tends to stay away from engine work.....unless, of course, he's building it himself.....then it's Katie bar the doors!

In the case of his 109, I'm pretty sure he feels he can get alot of extra horsepower and stay within his warranty.

He's had alot of superfast bikes, but, the more engine work that was done.....the less reliable the bike was.

So, I guess, if you're interested in performance, based on engunity, as opposed to money.....JR would be the one to ask.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
JRs DAD said:
So, I guess, if you're interested in performance, based on engunity, as opposed to money.....JR would be the one to ask.
I'm all for that, tell me how to get performance with no money. Now that would sell. :joke:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Great pics Hal. I can't wait to see what HP you end up with. Even more, I can't wait to see what will make this thing fly even faster.
You are a true Pioneer.

Lamonster, how are you going to top this project?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts