M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$425.00 Air Kit ??

has any one heard any info on this?

We have started production and should have these UltraFlow air kits available at www.xtremerevolution.com in 2 or 3 weeks. For the complete kit -- everything you need for both left and right, the price will be $425.00 for plain smooth chrome covers. For a few bucks more, we will also have covers with engraved flames and covers with painted flames. (Please note: the 'scalloped' covers shown in these pictures are just some blems I had lying around -- the final product will just be smooth chrome covers with no markings).

By now, some of you might be curious how I made this system. Because of the complex angles and tight clearances, I decided that the airbox itself must be made from high-temperature plastic -- just like the stock airbox. I have developed our UltraFlow version of the airbox 'pods' and have invested in the tooling required to produce these parts. There are some major advanatges with this design:

Bolts right up to the bike just like your stock airbox -- everything fits perfectly. Installation takes about 5 minutes.
The design intent of the Suzuki engineers is preserved -- they make a big deal about the volume of the airbox. With our UltraFlow 'pods' -- the total airbox volume is actually increased!
Plastic keeps the cost down to a reasonable level. Unlike most V-Twins, with the M109R you basically have to buy 2 airboxes (one for each side). If you milled a big solid chunk of aluminum such that it could bolt right up and increase airbox volume, it would end up being very expensive to get both sides. With plastic, you get all the benifits without the cost.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: $425.00 Air Kit ??

not unless is has your seal of approval or lamonster's I am waiting for thunder mfg. I like there stuff & it works

·
Registered
52 Posts

Seems pricey for plastic.. :confused: I also like the thunder mfg. I am waiting to see some performance numbers first. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hopefully they will have dyno numbers on these to see how well they work.

RAW TAZ

·
Registered
849 Posts

JOET,
Was your email a quote from Hondiego? If so, where did you read it? I can't tell for sure from reading it if you've been working on the development or he has.
If he's doing it, can you, or can we, get any more info, type of filter material, air flow capabilities vis-a-vis stock, quality of chrome, attention to crankcase breather functions, etc?
Most of us are interested in what a new air kit can do for performance, and then issues like price, quality, ease of installaton, etc.
The idea of using High Temp plastic for the mounting system is appealing to me.
Jer
joet said:
has any one heard any info on this?

http://www.m109roa.com/cs/photos/hondiego/images/266/624x480.aspx
http://www.m109roa.com/cs/photos/hondiego/images/268/347x480.aspx

We have started production and should have these UltraFlow air kits available at www.xtremerevolution.com in 2 or 3 weeks. For the complete kit -- everything you need for both left and right, the price will be $425.00 for plain smooth chrome covers. For a few bucks more, we will also have covers with engraved flames and covers with painted flames. (Please note: the 'scalloped' covers shown in these pictures are just some blems I had lying around -- the final product will just be smooth chrome covers with no markings).

By now, some of you might be curious how I made this system. Because of the complex angles and tight clearances, I decided that the airbox itself must be made from high-temperature plastic -- just like the stock airbox. I have developed our UltraFlow version of the airbox 'pods' and have invested in the tooling required to produce these parts. There are some major advanatges with this design:

Bolts right up to the bike just like your stock airbox -- everything fits perfectly. Installation takes about 5 minutes.
The design intent of the Suzuki engineers is preserved -- they make a big deal about the volume of the airbox. With our UltraFlow 'pods' -- the total airbox volume is actually increased!
Plastic keeps the cost down to a reasonable level. Unlike most V-Twins, with the M109R you basically have to buy 2 airboxes (one for each side). If you milled a big solid chunk of aluminum such that it could bolt right up and increase airbox volume, it would end up being very expensive to get both sides. With plastic, you get all the benifits without the cost.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

http://www.m109roa.com/ sorry JR this one works found it when i did a google search for m109r parts

Joe,

Thanks for your email. The R&D for the kits is progressing well. At the present time we don’t have a release date yet, hopefully within the next few weeks. An update notice should go up on the website as soon as they are available.

Thanks,

Richard Witt

Customer Service
Xtreme Revolution, Inc

10625-D Scripps Ranch Blvd.

San Diego, CAÂ 92131

Toll Free:Â 888-289-9738

Fax:Â 858-566-5788

http://www.xtremerevolution.com/

·
Registered
593 Posts

J R said:
Thanks Bear :bigthumbsup: I tell ya I know Lamont and Thunder are working on theres Hard and have yet to see them but i really do like the looks of what this guy did.It looks good :bigthumbsup: Not a bad price either. I look forward to seeing how much more improvment there is. Also "chopkins 45" mentioned he was gonna pull the heads and was gonna or wanted to throw them on a bench.Please get in contact with me if you read this.Id be intrested in talking with you and possably porting, flowing, and running them on my bench to see what formula we could come up with ;) contact me at  [email protected] for contact number Thanks :bigthumbsup:
I would definately like to see what kind of numbers these heads are capable of flowing. I would like to see a little more compression to aid things when I puts it on the squeeze. What about the cams and doing some poting on the throttle bodies. I would most interested in seeing 150 hp hit the rubber NA and maybe a 50 hp wet shot. Can you see single digit time slips :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts

Anyone waiting on some kind of an approval from Lamonster is crazy!!!! Not to offend anyone, but Lamonster is in the business of making money.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts

OhioM109R said:
Anyone waiting on some kind of an approval from Lamonster is crazy!!!! Not to offend anyone, but Lamonster is in the business of making money.
I agree, if you like it buy it. :bigthumbsup: By the way I think that guy is in business to make money too. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

liking it & if it works is 2 different ball games. i like the hands on approach lamonster has to different products he has seen or used i am not buying a $425 air kit without any dyno #'s or someone giving me a lot of info on it & if it even works

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: $425.00 Air Kit ?? New Pics of Product

http://www.m109oa.com/cs/photos/hondiego/default.aspx more pics of this air mod
This kit includes:

Left and right side airboxes cast in high temperature plastic.
Two new K&N air filters.
Two show-chrome plated billet aluminum cover plates.
Note: The first production run is underway. We expect product to start shipping before the end of July. We are accepting orders to establish a first-come-first-serve list for the first batch. By placing your order you will get your place in line and we will not charge you anything until the product actually ships.

waiting for Rick to tell me if they have put these on the dyno & have any #'s

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Re: $425.00 Air Kit ?? New Pics of Product

joet said:

http://www.m109oa.com/cs/photos/hondiego/default.aspx more pics of this air mod
This kit includes:

Left and right side airboxes cast in high temperature plastic.
Two new K&N air filters.
Two show-chrome plated billet aluminum cover plates.
Note: The first production run is underway. We expect product to start shipping before the end of July. We are accepting orders to establish a first-come-first-serve list for the first batch. By placing your order you will get your place in line and we will not charge you anything until the product actually ships.

waiting for Rick to tell me if they have put these on the dyno & have any #'s
alright, they're on the bike now where are performance #'s? i predict no increase without fuel managment.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Where do you stand with the Air Kit??? :hot: Any numbers? Ordering information? Is that price for both? :D :joke:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Rick emailed me today NO DYNO #'s and none coming just selling the air kit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Flem said:
Where do you stand with the Air Kit??? :hot: Any numbers? Ordering information? Is that price for both?  :D :joke:
scroll down in the post the web site link is there from my other posting just click it and you are there!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

J R said:
I really like his set up :bigthumbsup: and was kinda considering it ( light weight and not metal that soaks heat )as oppssed to the dildo the one conpany is gonna sell and the metal heat sinking one the other is gonna sell???? but not gonna post any dyno numbers kinda bothers me.Why would I spend money and not know somewhat of the results to expect ? I also wondered why he didnt just make a front cover outta plastic and chrome it but have a screen or somthing and a free flowing aricleaner in there? why build the back of the aircleaner and then not test all that hard work ??? also I was under the impression everyone was gonna be making airboxes as in the one under the tank to go with the outside airboxes ??? I kinda liked this guys work and thought process from reading his post but not testing the bike or dyno numbers looks like it didnt do sheet for h.p.I dont know that but i cant imagine any other reason for not testing them or posting results ??? I mean looks wise the factory ones Look fine.The main reason for changing is performance???Right ??? Oh well- hope it works out good for all involved :bigthumbsup:
Hey Bro JR,

You don't have to put the dildo on it by the way you have about twenty options with Thunder and they all will improve your HP in the end, the dildo is just for bad weather whiners. You could go with the flame or open or you could go with the oval, tear drop, from thunder. That is the whole point behind the adapter. Sheet you could get a harley air cleaner for that matter if you where so inclined.

TAZ

1 - 20 of 93 Posts