M109 Rider Forums banner

4 years and counting

2K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  ParkerB57 
:agree:

I was a member here from May 06, just before I bought mine. But I got TOO involved in the politics, got pissed, deleted all of my posts, had Lamonster end my membership.

Since rejoining I just do not even read those posts that piss me off anymore. I still have my 06 silver, going on 14,000 miles, and still no problems to speak of. I had to replace the in-tank fuel filter around 12,000 miles, other than that nothing. Back brake rotor is still as tight-as-a-drum, no clutch or clutch cable problems.

But for me, four years of owning a bike is nothing. I owned my 81 Honda CBX for 25 years. Owned my 72 Suzuki GT-750 for dang near 30. Sold them both in 06 to buy the 109. Got enough selling them to pay cash for my 109, $10,499.00.

Still happy with the decision, even though I miss the growl of the 6-into-6 my CBX had, and I miss the two-stroke smell of the GT-750. It was getting harder and harder to get the parts to keep them up the way I liked, so they are gone.

My wife still has her blue 06 M50 as well.:bigthumbsup:
Dude yer gettin all mellow in yer old age....this is NOT the cbxer55 I remember of old....hey but WTF it's a pleasant surprise :D :D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.