M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it but it's been 4 years ago today that I joined this site. I bought this bike back in Feb. 06 after seeing it at the IMS show. The bike was new as you all know and little was known about it. I searched the internet and came across this board just as it was being started up. I think I was the 5th or 6th guy to join. This board has come along way in the 4 years I have been a member here. I have made many new friends and learned a lot about this bike.

I do not agree with a lot of the politics that takes place on here but it is what it is and it happens everywhere. I try to keep things in there proper context and realize that this is just a internet forum, nothing more, nothing less. I have seen some really good people get booted or just move on. Guys like JR, Perry, Taz, ann BigPapa just to name a few. Those guys were a huge loss to this site due to their knowlege and willingness to always help a fellow rider out. I still consider those guys good people and friends. I am not one to follow a crowd for the sake of fitting in. If you're a hammer head then you're a hammer head. But if you're good people I will say so and back you as well.

I will say with all the drama that sometimes goes on here this is still one of the best sites around for anything M109 related. New people and some repeat questions don't bother me at all. What does bother me is some of the new folks here that give advice or information on this bike and then fail to give credit to the people who found out that information and shared it with us. There are several people here that give out info and take credit for so call new finds, when in fact they found the info here. Again, I've been here for quite some time now and know what info is old or recycled and what is new. Nothing wrong with passing along info that can help another but don't take credit for other peoples work. That's just total BS.

I'm still happy to have this bike even after 4 years which is the longest I've kept a bike or car for that matter. This bike is a great platform to mod and make it into something really cool. There are wau to many cool 109's to even start listing but that is a direct correlation to this site and the members on it. Like I always say this forum like any other is nothing without the members who participate and contribute to this site. Setting the site up and maintaining it is a tough job and important as well but meaningless without us.

Anyway, have a great summer and ride safe everyone. Hope to see and meet many of you on the big road this year. Now, back to modding. I have my bike close to finshed after some major mods this winter.
Ray :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
if your avatar has anything to do with it, it looks like your finished:D

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well said like always Ray. Hope all is well , its been awhile.

Im not far behind on my 4 yr anniversary as well. Ups and downs like anyplace else.

Look forward to seeing that completed project.

I know it will look bad azz :doorag:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
:agree: well said Ray and :congrats: on your 4th anniv. !!!
I joined myself over 3 years ago and I agree with every your word :bigthumbsup:
BTW can't wait to see you at OBI's with your ugly 9 :joke:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
My 4 year 7 months away too.

I remember seeing this bike for the first time back in 2006 at the motorcycle show in Toronto.

I didn't even give it a second look. It did not interest me at all.

A few months later my brother says "Have you seen the M109?" and I had no idea what he was talking about. So I look it up online and I remembered the bike from the show.

Once I read the specs and checked out this website, I just HAD to have it.

If you recall from my posts, I finally got my bike after waiting 3 long years 8)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I too feel the same way you do. I also joined April of 06. See them come and go. Just keep my mouth shut and read the drama.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,037 Posts
Ray, thank you for hanging around as long as you have, and for all the great information and advice you are always willing to give. I really hope you hang around at least another 4 years, with or without the 109.

I was here 3 years on March 23, which was the same day I got my bike. It's hard to believe it's been that long, but time flies when you're having fun. :D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Nice post lostrider.
This is a great site.
This is a great bike.
The people are really great too.
There will always be some bad apples, and good people that leave.
In the end We all keep coming back.
It would be nice to see some of the good members that have left come back too.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
I too feel the same way you do. I also joined April of 06. See them come and go. Just keep my mouth shut and read the drama.
:agree:

I was a member here from May 06, just before I bought mine. But I got TOO involved in the politics, got pissed, deleted all of my posts, had Lamonster end my membership.

Since rejoining I just do not even read those posts that piss me off anymore. I still have my 06 silver, going on 14,000 miles, and still no problems to speak of. I had to replace the in-tank fuel filter around 12,000 miles, other than that nothing. Back brake rotor is still as tight-as-a-drum, no clutch or clutch cable problems.

But for me, four years of owning a bike is nothing. I owned my 81 Honda CBX for 25 years. Owned my 72 Suzuki GT-750 for dang near 30. Sold them both in 06 to buy the 109. Got enough selling them to pay cash for my 109, $10,499.00.

Still happy with the decision, even though I miss the growl of the 6-into-6 my CBX had, and I miss the two-stroke smell of the GT-750. It was getting harder and harder to get the parts to keep them up the way I liked, so they are gone.

My wife still has her blue 06 M50 as well.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
:agree:

I was a member here from May 06, just before I bought mine. But I got TOO involved in the politics, got pissed, deleted all of my posts, had Lamonster end my membership.

Since rejoining I just do not even read those posts that piss me off anymore. I still have my 06 silver, going on 14,000 miles, and still no problems to speak of. I had to replace the in-tank fuel filter around 12,000 miles, other than that nothing. Back brake rotor is still as tight-as-a-drum, no clutch or clutch cable problems.

But for me, four years of owning a bike is nothing. I owned my 81 Honda CBX for 25 years. Owned my 72 Suzuki GT-750 for dang near 30. Sold them both in 06 to buy the 109. Got enough selling them to pay cash for my 109, $10,499.00.

Still happy with the decision, even though I miss the growl of the 6-into-6 my CBX had, and I miss the two-stroke smell of the GT-750. It was getting harder and harder to get the parts to keep them up the way I liked, so they are gone.

My wife still has her blue 06 M50 as well.:bigthumbsup:
Dude yer gettin all mellow in yer old age....this is NOT the cbxer55 I remember of old....hey but WTF it's a pleasant surprise :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
Dude yer gettin all mellow in yer old age....this is NOT the cbxer55 I remember of old....hey but WTF it's a pleasant surprise :D :D :D
Glad to see you are still around as well!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool CBX. Nice to see ya pop in and out. I post a little less and get on the site a little less these days but still a great source of info. I let the experts think their experts and all is good. Sometimes you have to poke the cage a little bit just for chits and giggles.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
462 Posts
yep .....seen them come and go.....I just sit and learn....and laugh at some...posted few opinions....but love to c how most go about there lives....still love the bike...met a few great ppls from here...now we are good friends.....so keep posting otherewise I'll have nothing to do at work..except work and that aint going to work... :D

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
Cool CBX. Nice to see ya pop in and out. I post a little less and get on the site a little less these days but still a great source of info. I let the experts think their experts and all is good. Sometimes you have to poke the cage a little bit just for chits and giggles.:bigthumbsup:
Yeah, you and I had a few bad words back then. Don't know what I was thinkin? ???
Quite possibly, I was not drinkin enough!?:D

Could'nt have been I was drinkin too much now, could it?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, you and I had a few bad words back then. Don't know what I was thinkin? ???
Quite possibly, I was not drinkin enough!?:D

Could'nt have been I was drinkin too much now, could it?
Yeah, It's all good here brother. Hope things are looking up for you and your wife. Ride safe.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I learned alot off this site alot of how tos and and cheap add on mods that work great been here almost a yr now but what what gets me sometimes that when a newbie comes on sometimes the old timers get bent about answering the same old questions which in my mind is a bad thing because sometiomes the answers are in the search engine but it takes forever to find them instead of one of the old timers just giving the answer just saves alot of time and headach like me asking sometimes,but most always you guys always come through for me and I appreciate that more than you know, and yes I learned about the tre giving more power here and you guys were rt most bang for the buck 113.38hp stock/wK&N filters and top speed 160mph on the dyno.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I learned alot off this site alot of how tos and and cheap add on mods that work great been here almost a yr now but what what gets me sometimes that when a newbie comes on sometimes the old timers get bent about answering the same old questions which in my mind is a bad thing because sometiomes the answers are in the search engine but it takes forever to find them instead of one of the old timers just giving the answer just saves alot of time and headach like me asking sometimes,but most always you guys always come through for me and I appreciate that more than you know, and yes I learned about the tre giving more power here and you guys were rt most bang for the buck 113.38hp stock/wK&N filters and top speed 160mph on the dyno.
Cool bro. It's really like anything else in life, sometimes people are helpful and sometimes they're just azzholes. If you look around this is by far one of the most informative 109 boards around. Of course there will be good and bad but it's not worth getting bent over. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts