M109 Riders banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm helping a good friend of mine, who actually lives in Kentucky, with the sale of his OEM SUZUKI HARD BAGS. They are in excellent, excellent condition, and will come equipped with all of the original hardware required for proper mounting. They will be carefully and properly packed for safe shipment via UPS, to whomever purchases them. The reason for my doing this is simple. He is very new to this Forum, and he's not at all comfortable with conducting transactions such as this. As a long-standing member of this Forum, I gladly and humbly agreed to help him out with this ordeal. There's no hocus-pocus going on here, as we have seen on this Forum in the not-so-distant past, with some new scum-balls trying to scam members of this Forum. To everyone...you can hold me totally responsible if anything goes awry, regarding the entire purchasing and receiving process, if you decide to purchase these Suzuki OEM Hard Bags. As you may or may not be aware of, the Suzuki Hard Bags retail for $1,500. Of course, we are not looking to sell them anywhere near that price. So, if you're seriously interested in purchasing them, please PM with a reasonable offer, and I will do everything possible to work out a deal with you.

Below are pics of the actual Hard Bags on the bike they were taken off of, pics from the Suzuki website, and retail price information they sell for, both on sale and not on sale.

SKUSKU20155
MSRP:$1999.99 save 25%
SALE:$1499.00

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know you don't have the bags but any idea if that reflector is removable?
Hello Bro,

I feel somewhat confident that the reflectors can be removed, as with most reflectors. However, I can't say with any level of certainty what it looks like underneath the reflectors, once they're removed. As I'm sitting here responding to you, I'm wondering if it's at all possible to somehow convert those reflectors to actual additional rear turn signals? It was just a thought. I'm sure you probably have cooked a plan for what you would like to do with the bags, if you decide to purchase them.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The space where the reflectors are mounted have a round, flat, painted surface, the same as the bags.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for replying Metalman. So, it would be safe to remove the reflectors, without any worries about the finish underneath? If so, how would you recommend the reflectors be removed, to insure no damage comes to the bags?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Still thinking about it. They don't seem to be the best design for saddlebags. Seems everything would fall out of them every time they are opened.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't believe that would be much of a problem UVATom, as there are latches or hinges of some sort that attach the side opening piece to the inside storage compartment area, which only allows the side opening piece to open up so far. If you go back up and look at the pics I provided, you can see where the side opening piece appears to open only to about a 45 degree angle, which would/should prevent contents of the storage area from spilling out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts