M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plain and simple,bike has to be trailered back to the dealer.

I was out for a ride,just a few miles from home.I heard a pop noise come from under the tank and
then next thing i know shes running at 4000rpm.I shut her down,let it sit for about 15 min and started it back up.With no turn on the throttle the bike wouldn't idle,it would just die.But if i give a twist of the throttle it runs right up to 4k rpm and stays there.My first thought would be a vacuum line came loose or something with the fuel injection.But i really don't know squat about a fuel injected bike.

Please accept my apology being this is my first post on the board and its negative.
Ive been on here for the past 4 days just reading and learning about the bike.

This situation really bites and any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.If i cant figure it out myself which the chances are slim.I don't really want to tear down a brand new bike.I think its best to let the dealer have it back and let them fix it.

Thanks,

Mike

I do have another common problem and thats the feeling of something bumping around at my feet.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Bummer. I think you're right. This sounds like a dealer drop off. I hope he's a good dealer who believes in customer satisfaction and good PR as a good way to do business. In other words, I hope he gets right at it.
Jer

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm sorry about the inconvenience . That's sucks. Very seldom you hear something of that nature at this site. Something funny came to my mine. Was the gas in the tank free of water? I had a car that did that and it was during the raining season. I put gas on the car for the first time and it was mixed with water. Gas station tank was getting rain water..... I'm sure the dealer will take care of it and you will enjoy your bike like never before. I wish you luck!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pretty sure its not the gas,i filled her up last night with sunoco ultra which i believe is 91 octain.Plus the bike is allways garaged.

To add insult to injury, i just got off the phone with the service dept. at my dealer who wanted to charge me 70 bucks to come pick up the bike.Now mind you this is the third bike in 2 1/2 years ive purchased from him.Needless to say i told him he  lost his mind and to have the owner call me back which he did and the end result is no charge for the pick up.

Mike

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Glad to hear that they are coming to pick it up, it's only the right thing to do. I feel your pain about being broke down.....clutch went out on mine about 2 1/2 weeks ago and still don't have it back!! Com'on and hurry up!! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Wow! I haven't read a post about this yet. You are covering unchartered territory. Best of Luck. It is the best bike ever and you will surely find out soon. You'll just have to wait a couple of more days.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Sounds like your throttle cable broke or came off the throttle track. It's on the left side of bike under the tank next to the air intake . Would the throttle return to the close position or just stay open at the 4000 rpm mark? If so, it's a simple fix. Sorry to hear that though, but look at the good side of it, if it's the cable God saved you. Imagine if it had broken while you were riding!!!

C-One

·
Registered
817 Posts
Cormierone said:
Sounds like your throttle cable broke or came off the throttle track. It's on the left side of bike under the tank next to the air intake . Would the throttle return to the close position or just stay open at the 4000 rpm mark? If so, it's a simple fix. Sorry to hear that though, but look at the good side of it, if it's the cable God saved you. Imagine if it had broken while you were riding!!!

C-One
+1 on this. That's what came to mind immediately -- throttle cable or rocker is sticking somewhere.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The poping sound could have been the throttle return spring also could it not? Never taken the tank off one to see where thats at but would guess its in the area described.. Hopefully its something really easy like that and you won't be without it for long!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Wow...sorry to hear of your burp.....there are many on this board who have experienced zero problems and obviously a few have...your bike is under warranty
and will be fixed soon.....NOW POST SOMETHING POSITIVE ! :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha,,i promise the next topic i start will be on a positive note!

As for the throtle ,it appears to be working like it should.It snaps back like it should.
I loosened a few bolts on the left side air cleaner and moved it out of the way some just to get a look at
throtle cable connection behind it.
I traded in my volusia for the M which i never had a problem tearing the bike down right
to the frame.But for some reason with all this technology and FI on the M im hessitant.I
think what else sort of scares me is the dam thing is huge and with a near full tank of gas
im gonna let the pro's(yeah right) handle it.
Thanks for the support guys!

Mike

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well the dealer picked up the bike today and said the driver started and rode the bike up into the trailer with no problems.hmmm Later when they began looking into the problem they started the bike,bliped the throttle and she went right to 4k rpm.The tech said without even tearing into the bike it looks to be a vacuum problem.He said theres a boot in between the 2 carbs which was most likely not tightend during the factory build.

Now this is just a guess at this point i wont know for sure until tomorrow morning.But he did say if they dint have to order parts the bike will be fixed tomorrow.

Mike

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Cormierone said:
but look at the good side of it, if it's the cable God saved you. Imagine if it had broken while you were riding!!!

C-One
That's why that big red switch was put on the bar, right beside the throttle. ::) :bigthumbsup: Plus, he said he was riding it when it popped and revved up to 4000RPM.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
06MrMike said:
He said theres a boot in between the 2 carbs
Carbs? Am I missing something? Aren't we talking about a bike that's fuel injected?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i know exactly whats wrong, same thing happened to my bike last week, the tech at the stealership said that a sensor worked its way out of the motor and also some lines had popped off because they were overtightened from the factory, should have it back soon.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know about you guys,,and this could be another topic entirely,but I'm starting to feel like a guinea pig.I suppose in a way we are, but isn't Suzuki supposed to test these bikes before they hit the streets?
Don't get me wrong,the M puts that old "cool-aid" smile on my face every time i ride her.Which my volusia had stop doing for a while now.I got rider friends calling ,
asking me about the bike and 2 of them are looking to buy.At this point i don't know what to tell them other then go ride one and to read this forum before they make the decision.
I think Suzuki rushed the bike without proper testing.

Mike

G

·
To say that Suzuki rushed to bring the bike to production isn't fair. There are alot of members who haven't had this problem. Of the people who have viewed this thread, only one other person has stated he had the same problem. There have been only isolated problems that have affected only a few owners. Hardly any reason for Suzuki to have waited six months for further testing. A mechanic friend of mine once said that these are made on earth by humans, not in heaven by angels. We have to expect some problems as we all do when we buy something.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts