M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy of mine(GTWarrior on here) came upon a silver 109 with the sideburners on it. He said that all I can say is that they have a unique sound. He said that when he heard them the guy was hard on the throttle and the DID NOT have a deep sound. He said they were rather high pitched. Said it sounded more like a v-twin sportbike than a true cruiser. Mine are supposed to be here today, so lets see.

·
Registered
775 Posts
a local buddy of mine has the side-burners on his bike. they look great; but i won't ride behind him :yikes: i don't think his are "high" pitched; but, they are definately loud and make a distinct metallic popping sound. they sound good from a distance.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
McAttack said:
Here's a quick sound clip of the Sideburner ... the clip does not do the pipes justice ...
http://www.putfile.com/pmcelhinney
Damn, that sounds good! :bigthumbsup: I have Cobra Drags and really like 'em. But that Sideburner sounds nice. I don't think its has a high resonance at all.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
McAttack said:
They look better in this picture than in some of the others I have seen. I had them on one of my vtx's and they sound the same on this bike. They are a lot of fun to bounce the sound off walls and cars. Want to really have some fun setting off alarms these will do it. You won't have to worry about other drivers not hearing you.

How do they perform???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts