M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got my new M109R on Monday. I like it alot, I got my first streetbike 30 days ago, a Shadow 600. Felt kinda little so I figured I would get a bike that will never feel little!

Anyways, ordered the JSD piece, cycle house license bracket, and LED mini signals. Lowering bones are next.

I have removed the warning stickers on the tank and the suzuki sticker from the rear. What is the best way to pull the emblems off the tank?

Also, I have drilled 8 3/8 holes in the rear plate on the pipes and also used a 1 1/4" hole saw and drilled through the second 2 plates. Is this as good as it gets for the stock pipes? Is there another plate to go through? I used a 12" arbor extension and coldn't reach anything else.

It would be great if someone would make a filler plate for the stock tailight hole.....

thanks for any help!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
There is a 3rd baffle wall in there. It's 17" in from the tip of the pipe, so you aren't gonna reach it with just a 12" extension. I can't tell you if the sound will be much better with the 3rd plate gone because I can't reach it either.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Man you work fast! I bought another short ext (6 inch i think) that had set screws in the end so I could connect the 12 inch to it w/ out fear of leaving it in the pipe! I road for a week w/ 2 drilled out before I did the third.
I recommend it. Lower rumble at lower rpm's and a nice roar when rev'd. I have several comments already.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuggin' A, I'll grab second extension on the way home and get it done tonight.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Brawler,

How much louder is it compared to 2 baffles? Any wayyou could get a soundtrack/recording of this?? Do you have any holes in the endplates?? :doorag:

·
Registered
106 Posts
chuck,

I did the eigth holes first. Sounded good, but all it did was make me want more. Then did the 2 walls and realized I needed that other ext. As for sound it's not dramatic, but you can tell it's deeper. Crack the throttle back and
let off and that sound is a lot meaner. It's worth it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drilled through the 3rd plate today. Sounds much better than just the 2.

Can't wait for my JSD to come in!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
why? yes i have and its louder. no difference to the way the bike runs. strong as usual. go for it! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
My son came over this evening and we added bungie buttons to the 2 forward bolts on the side (1 on each side of the bike).  We also drilled out the 3rd baffle.  It was definately noticible at idle and throatier when revved.  I have not had a chance to ride it yet because of rain this evening. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anyone who has just done the two baffles.... What do you see when looking down the pipe. I have straight shot view and I can see the edges of where the two baffles were and then what seems to be the third baffle?? It already has a hole through it, but it's just not as big correct?? I have an 18" extension and can easily touch it... But after looking down there... am I only making that last hole bigger?? It looks like a 3/4 hole. The hole isn't pefectly round either... But looks the same top to bottom when looking down both pipes.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I just recently drilled out all 3 of the baffle plates from both pipes. The sound is deeper But i still need it louder but not drag pipes louder. I haven't drilled out the end plates yet but i am sure i will soon enough.

P.S. I was able to retrieve all baffle plates with the hole saw. I installed a longer guide bit in the arbor and took it slow once the hole saw hit the baffle plate and twisted the bit to the right by hand while removing the bit and it worked like a champ.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Latinrascal said:
I just recently drilled out all 3 of the baffle plates from both pipes. The sound is deeper But i still need it louder but not drag pipes louder. I haven't drilled out the end plates yet but i am sure i will soon enough.

P.S. I was able to retrieve all baffle plates with the hole saw. I installed a longer guide bit in the arbor and took it slow once the hole saw hit the baffle plate and twisted the bit to the right by hand while removing the bit and it worked like a champ.
it comes to life when drilling out the ends. i did the same thing as you before putting 8 holes in the end. pretty amazing for stock pipes and the bike still runs awsome. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts