M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to ask, do you lube? Is the clutch hard or normal to pull? Does the cable break or is it an end? Info, info? Inquiring minds want to know?:doorag:
I only lube it when I put it on (that could help) The first one went slow and to ajust it 3 or 4 times befor it broke. I have not taken this one off yet but it was fine and went all at once. It was not hard and work just fine.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I replaced my first clutch cable today at just over 14K miles Mainly because of everyone saying their cables were breaking. I gotta say the original cable looked perfect. It looked like it would easily go another 14K. I do like the braded look of the Barnett cable better though.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,093 Posts
I lube the barrels on the ends of my Barnett cable about once a year. I don't put any lube in the cable itself since the inner cable is teflon covered and runs in a teflon sleeve. Barnett says not to lube the cable as the oil can seep through and discolor the braided outer cable. But to me it's very important to keep those barrels lubed so they can rotate freely. If they can't it's constantly flexing the cable. I have one of the original Barnett cables with over 19,000 miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.