M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have used 35w, 55w, and even 75w.

While the 55w and 75w are even brighter than the 35w, they can get too bright. The 55w and 75w can be hell on you if you catch a white road sign and that light comes reflecting back at you. It is a bit like an oncoming driver with their high beams on.

Having done the full range, I still go back to the 35w time and time again.

·
Radio Active Member
27,683 Posts
I would go with the 35 watt kit. I know that the A&R kit fits the R2. I have pics on where things get installed on the bike. Here is a thread that I made about it in the how to section. http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128099&highlight=HID+install

The A&R kit with the high low is $100 shipped/on the group buy price. Let me know if you want it and I can have Rob send you an invoice.

·
Registered
146 Posts
HID Kit

I have the 35W Hi/Lo kit from DDM tuning and is very bright over stock and makes a big difference. Either kit will be a vast improvment over stock. As for fitting in an R2 headlight not real sure on that.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,942 Posts
I can't imagine needing more than the 35 watt kit. Since these are technically illegal to use, I would get what serves the purpose but not something that attracts any more attention than necessary.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
The new GT-X provides an exclusive purple low beam and an Xtreme White high beam. And if that weren't enough! PIAA has added a purple colored top coat giving the headlamp a purple look even when the lamp is turned off.
Bulb Type H4
Wattage 60/55w = 135/125w, 3800K/5000K
Technology Super Plasma GT-X with XTRA Technology

PIAA 15961 70476
Our Part #: PIA-70476

I have this one it works killer, people say its like the sun coming toward them, nite or day

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I use a 55 watt 6000K. There are not many street lights where I live so I need the extra light. If you have it aimed right oncoming drivers don't even complain. Never had a problem with bounce back from road signs ??? :dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
27,683 Posts
The new GT-X provides an exclusive purple low beam and an Xtreme White high beam. And if that weren't enough! PIAA has added a purple colored top coat giving the headlamp a purple look even when the lamp is turned off.
Bulb Type H4
Wattage 60/55w = 135/125w, 3800K/5000K
Technology Super Plasma GT-X with XTRA Technology

PIAA 15961 70476
Our Part #: PIA-70476

I have this one it works killer, people say its like the sun coming toward them, nite or day
I always tell people that if they do not want to go HID, go with the PIAA. They make a very bright bulb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts