M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and searched and still havent found what exactly needs to be done to the stock swingarm to fit a 300 in there. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi

Your best bet is to buy the rear swing arm on DLP it comes in either black or chrome.

To fit a 300 tire on the stock arm requires moding buy cutting a section out on the drive shaft side, unless you are a fantastic welder and wouldnt reccommend it.

Be safe go the DLP way!!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hi

Your best bet is to buy the rear swing arm on DLP it comes in either black or chrome.

To fit a 300 tire on the stock arm requires moding buy cutting a section out on the drive shaft side, unless you are a fantastic welder and wouldnt reccommend it.

Be safe go the DLP way!!
:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Hi HOT , I've been collecting info on this ,
you will need to mod the inner fender
not only grind down the bolts that stick out
but also get rid-off a piece of the fender ,
hammer the ridges down for an even finish .

then comes the work on the swingarm , DanGuy
did it himself , but he is not your averadge saturday
project guy , you have to be able to weld aluminium.
cut a hole on each side then patch it .
(I would reenforce on outside if I do this )

Then the 10 inch Rim , if I was to have a stock rim
widened , I would go with the suggestions on the forums
to have it offcenter and a little bit (1/4 inch) wider on
exhaust side ,

Good Luck if you decide to attack this.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
There have actually been a couple of guys here who modded the factory swingarm to accomodate the 300. I will say that they did an outstanding job as well. But really the DLP swingarm is your best bet as said here by those above me. Honestly, if you talk to a few of the vets here they will tell you to stick to the 280. The 300 gives up quite a bit of handling and really is a bear of a job. I have the 280 on 10 inch wheel and I love the fat azz look and she still handles like a dream. Talk to LTT who sports a 300,he will give you the straight up no nonsense answers and insight on the mod itself.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The 300 metz on 10" rim will rub on a DLP swing arm also. It has to be shimmed to keep from rubbing. That is my swingarm in them pictures. I have not had no problems with mine at all. Yes you need to shim tire over 1/4 " to have good clearance. Her is a picture of the shim I had my machinest make to go between hub and rim. Do not forget to remove 1/4" from caliper bracket and axle spacer. A lot cheaper than a $1000.00 swing arm thats got to be shimmed.
Good luck
Dam Guy

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exactly!! Although you're the first I have heard of needing a spacer..

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
LTT can fill you in on good information. I bought his stock swing arm for spare / Backup. Yes spacers are being added to the inside between the rim and the hub. The way I did it everything is still factory on the gear alignment and seal etc. To keep from going with spacer go 280 no problems then. But I love making all my Harley buddies druel looking at that 300 metz. Priceless:bigthumbsup:
Dam Guy

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I already have the 300 wheel and tire on the way! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
do u need too remove the shaft too remove/fit the 300

as oppposed too the 280 which only needs too remove the hubs on the wheel!(not shaft)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts