M109 Rider Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have a picture of a stock swing arm with notch cut out. No plate in it yet. And the 300 Metz rubbed drive shaft. That's with no grind on tire, no shim @gear location, and no spacer between hub and rim.
Good luck bro.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a picture of a stock swing arm with notch cut out. No plate in it yet. And the 300 Metz rubbed drive shaft. That's with no grind on tire, no shim @gear location, and no spacer between hub and rim.
Good luck bro.
thanks for the information, I would like to see your photoJ

I do not know if there are other changes on swamp works but I can see on this forum that Bvh56 and ICEBOX are running swamp works 2 piece swingarm and 300 Metz so I hope it will be possible for me to use the same setup with out problems.

Thanks
/Kenned

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here is a fender I did for a member here. I have done 4 of them so far.

View attachment 94473

Your fender braces will need to be spread apart by using longer bolts and shims(washers). The number of shims you will need will be something you find out on a trial and error basis. I would have to go look, but I think my bike has 3 shims per bolt. I had to make additional mods to my fender as I have air ride with 2.75 inch lowering bones installed.

I have a fender that is just waiting for final welding if you are interested in buying one. It's the last one i plan on doing as it is a lot of work.
what else do you have to do for air ride as i am in the middle of build

·
Registered
117 Posts
Your avatar has stock wheels still and this is the first time I have seen your aftermarket wheels... are they the FTD brand? If so, how is the finish and how did they mount up? Impressions so far?

I really like the way they look, especially on black. The design is a nice mix of retro spoked with modern contrast cut. The half circles at the end of the spokes are sweet.

Sly

This is my favorite shot of a 300 Metz next to my 1978 Honda CB750F2 SS
They are coastal moto raider elite series. Avatar is after the first winter mods . And the sig pic is after the second winter of mods.

·
Registered
180 Posts
A long time ago, I decided to go the 300 tire route. Before I took off the stock wheel, I marked the tire lip area on the swingarm. I made the cutout on both sides and took it to a local fab shop and had them weld in sone .061 aluminum filler plates. $35.00 If you do this, get a stout allthread with 4 big washers and 4 nuts to lock the area where the axle goes thru both sides. The arm likes to twist when it is welded on. I got some pics from Dam Guy and Rainey about the fender details (probably some others also). I used an air grinder to split the fender stiffeners on both sides, beat them flat and welded them up with a mig. I cut off the straps that are tack welded on, grind off the screw inserts, flattened the indentions toward the front---didn't think about cutting them out---good idea. Took a screw jack and spread the fender supports.
I have the Avon and I still needed to sand the drivers side tire edge. Just need an eighth inch shim, but didn't have time to make one. I have 2.75 bones and if I have a rider or hit big bumps, something rubs, just don't know what. I have some 2" bones I think I will swap out this winter.
It's really not a hard mod if you have some tools--and a little time. I have the stock exhaust, so it has to come off to change the tire. Extra 10 minutes. I like the 300 look, its really like anything else, new handlebars, new seat, paint. If you just want to do it, DO IT.
dw

61 - 67 of 67 Posts