M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what the best way to go on installing a 300 tire on the 9?
i looked at the kits on the net but im not to sure how reliable they are,trading your swingarm for someone else's thats been chopped to fit,is this safe or is that the standard in the industry.if anyone has advise it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Anybody know what the best way to go on installing a 300 tire on the 9?
i looked at the kits on the net but im not to sure how reliable they are,trading your swingarm for someone else's thats been chopped to fit,is this safe or is that the standard in the industry.if anyone has advise it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Honestly bro the best way to go is with the DLP swingarm and of course a new 10 inch wheel will be necessary. You can modify the stock swingarm but unless you have welding skills and some good solid mechanical skills, I would not try it. Reach out to Scott, goes by LTT on the board he is a very sharp guy and has a 300. Papalobo also comes to mind. I know him personally and he too is a sharp guy with a 300.
I run a 280 on a 10 inch wheel. No mods to swingarm needed and it is plenty fat out back. Scott has actually gone on record stating that if he had to do it again he would stick with a 280. I provided a link below for the DLP swingarm. Be aware it is an expensive mod you are looking to undertake.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=7440&str=290

·
Registered
99 Posts
I run a 280 on a 10 inch wheel. No mods to swingarm needed and it is plenty fat out back.
Out of curiosity, how tight a fit is the 10 inch wheel and a 280 tire on the stock swingarm under the back fender. How much space between the tire and swingarm?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
280 TIRE

I SEEN A 280 ON A 9 IN THE BIKE SHOP WHERE I BOUGHT MINE AND IT WAS TIGHT MAYBE A 1/4" ON EACH SIDE

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I SEEN A 280 ON A 9 IN THE BIKE SHOP WHERE I BOUGHT MINE AND IT WAS TIGHT MAYBE A 1/4" ON EACH SIDE
Out of curiosity, how tight a fit is the 10 inch wheel and a 280 tire on the stock swingarm under the back fender. How much space between the tire and swingarm?
I don't recall the numbers off hand and my bike is apart right now but there is apporx. 1/4 inch on hub side and plenty of room on the brake side. No problems at all with the tolerences on either side. As for the 300 LTT posted on another thread.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126933

·
Registered
97 Posts
I run a 280 on a 10in. wheel with the stock swingarm since 2007. Fits good with no problems.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts