M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
D-Rod said:
Does anyone know who does the 300 tire kit for the 109?
The 300 is not going to work without spending some big bucks right now. We are doing a 280 that will bolt right up without a swingarm mod or fender mod. A 300 looks like it's going to take both unless we off set the motor. ::)

G

·
J R said:
If you put a 280 tire on the stock wheel would it work ? Yea Yea I know it aint the right size for the rim but will it fit without rubbing If I bought one and put it on????
If you got it on the sidewall would be so out of whack that I don't think it would look or ride right. The difference of 40 MM is almost 2 inches.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
J R said:
If you put a 280 tire on the stock wheel would it work ? Yea Yea I know it aint the right size for the rim but will it fit without rubbing If I bought one and put it on????
Appropriate tire/rim combinations are recommended by all manufactures.....I would think that trying to place the 280 on the stock rim would cause the tire center to bulge and distort the designed tire profile. The actual "contact patch" of the tire to the road surface would be drastically reduced defeating the purpose of increased traction and general tire performance. Would one want to place a low profile auto tire designed for a wide rim on a standard auto rim????

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
J R said:
The short answer is no. It will hit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts