M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 300 tire w/ 10" rim go on my 9 without any other mod to swingarm or finder with 2.25" bones
;)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Will a 300 tire w/ 10" rim go on my 9 without any other mod to swingarm or finder with 2.25" bones
;)
Nope. Either get the swing arm for a 300 or you can get the stock swing arm notched out OR you can just shave down the 300 to a 280 and it'll fit :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Thanks vinnie, whats aswingarm cost
It isn't cheap and most of the recent 300 club members had some modifications to do to the swing arm to get it to work. Go with the 280 for the cost of a rim and tire unless you want to spend the extra money (usually $2,000-$3,000 total) on 20 mm of extra rubber.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Hi Slydog , I have been looking into this
for a while but I have not done it yet .
here are a few pictures I have collected about this project .
first is nicest set-up ,= chrome swingarm $$$$$
then work to be done on swingarm and inner fender.
Most of these pictures are thanks to " Dam Guy ".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
part 3 .....I'm sure there are even more details to
be considered so I'm hoping more people will give their opinion
in your thread , this way I can add to my personnal
knowledge before attacking this project .
specially about drifting the wheel a little to the right
to give more space to the tire on left side ,
this detail is strill unclear to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is great info, you guys are great help, for now i'll go with the 280, what kind of problems will I have with this mod? I also have a small dent on my factory rim, do I fix it with a hammer and wooden block or do I need to have it rolled

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
this is great info, you guys are great help, for now i'll go with the 280, what kind of problems will I have with this mod? I also have a small dent on my factory rim, do I fix it with a hammer and wooden block or do I need to have it rolled
None with the 280

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
You do not put a 280 on the factory rim, unless you are wanting to see some really nasty looking tread wear.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
1. Mod swing arm.and fender. (No problem for a welder fabricator) $.0
2. Shim for after market hub.( machinest friend) $.0
3. Coastal moto rims/tires, 18x10"300 metz. $2600.00
1 1/2 bones Lowered, 7500miles no problems.
Here the $1000.00 swing arm needs more mods to make it work.
jdmitchell you are right 280 lot cheaper and a lot easier.
I went to a bike night in cincinnati. There was over 3000 bikes! 85% harleys. My 109 had the fatest tire there. People acted like they never seen a fat chromed out 109 before, I never seen so many pictures taken of one bike. Thats what I call priceless.:bigthumbsup:
Good luck Bros
Dam Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks dam guy, an every one else for your input, its all great info but now its timefor me to pick??? ???peace:super:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts