M109 Rider Forums banner

300 an stock wheel questions!

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  bull'e109 
G
#1 ·
Ok to start I am running a DLP swingarm... 300/35r18 Avon , question is what do I tell kosman to make the off set?? I been Pm'ing members an everyone is trying but we can't really figure it out. One did no off set .075-.075 an could not clear the 300 on the shaft side an had to go with a 280. So how far do I go? Also I am on air an won't settle for not being able to ride slammed as LTT does an can do, so on this note please let me know if you can help, have done it, and or knows someone that has this set up. An I did call kosman an the guy I talked to said all the 9 wheels he remembers doing the costomer was running a 280 an jus did the centerline .075-.075

#2 ·
On a stock wheel?

How much lift are you planning to get out of that?

I'll be interested to see if you can even get the 300 to stay on the stock rim.

:pop:

G
#4 ·
On a stock wheel?

How much lift are you planning to get out of that?

I'll be interested to see if you can even get the 300 to stay on the stock rim.

:pop:
If you read my entire post I'm sending it to kosman an adding 1.5 inches to my stock wheel to make it a 10. The .075-.075 means 3/4 inches added to each side an this would be no offset. My question is what offset do I need to clear the 300 if its adding a 1/2 in to shaft side an 1 inch to arm side I dunno:dontknow: sorry if I miss lead anyone of what I'm tryin to figure out here..

#5 ·
My bad?

I did read your entire post, but it did not mention wheel widening.

I though you were having him fab spacers or something to fit the tire on the "stock" wheel, inside of that swingarm.

I did not get that you were wideing the wheel.

Do a search on your guy though. Not sure it is him, but there is a guy who does widenings who has a bad history with his welds.

G
#7 ·
My bad?

I did read your entire post, but it did not mention wheel widening.

I though you were having him fab spacers or something to fit the tire on the "stock" wheel, inside of that swingarm.

I did not get that you were wideing the wheel.

Do a search on your guy though. Not sure it is him, but there is a guy who does widenings who has a bad history with his welds.
Yes a guy on here had two wheels break from hitting pot holes others have had no problems, I aslo call an talked to him about it an they are welding them up differant now. Instead of have a weld on each side(2) welds they are doing one weld right in the middle making it have less stress if hitting bumps also making the weld not visable after the tire is mounted.

#9 ·
It sounds like it would be as easy as mounting your stock wheel on the DLP swingarm and measuring the clearance. If it's not equal spacing on each side, offset it enough so that it is. For instance if it's 1/4" closer on one side than it is on the other, do a 5/8" offset on the side it's closer on and a 7/8" offset on the other.

I don't like cutting and welding rims, but that's how I would do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.