M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved my tach last night, looks so good nestled behind the headlight cowling I can't figure out why they didn't do it at the factory.  :bigthumbsup:

3 things I learned while doing this and chatting on the board:

1) Drilling and tapping the triple tree really wasn't very difficult.

2) BigboreBiker is really a decent guy regardless of his fatalistic, anti-concealed carry views.

3) A dremel tool operating at 5,000 rpm will go through the palm of your hand much easier than anything else you are trying to cut with it. OHMYGOSH!! That frikking thing went through my hand like a hot knife through butter!!!! A little coagulant and some antibiotics and things are back to normal. LOL!!!!

Moving that tach really cleans up the handlbar lines

View from the riders position

Different angle

G

·
Re: 3 things I learned while moving my tach...

prozac123 said:
A dremel tool operating at 5,000 rpm will go through the palm of your hand much easier than anything else you are trying to cut with it.Â
Holy Crap Batman!!! Are you alright???

Oh yeah:

:nopic:
:nopic:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

M109R Fan said:
[glow=red,2,300]Holy Crap Batman!!! Are you alright???
Yes Robin, fortunately since we raise horses we had coagulant and antibiotics standing by. Holy *&^%&(*%*(&%(

When are you going to get a 109, dude? If you're ever in OKC you can take a test ride on mine, man.  :bigthumbsup:\\

And as I said, I'll publish a pic tomorrow, I ain't in the mood tonight. (^(&^( This stupid mistake may require stitches....

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

Can't wait to see the tach :bigthumbsup: and about your hand..... ow, ow, ow.............................................oh did I mention OW! :yikes: that make my hand hurt thinking about it.

G

·

I want to see the pics now. I hope the results are worth you nearly taking your hand off.

·
Registered
216 Posts

yeah that dremels about like stickin' a razor knife halfway through your hand while cutting vinyl siding....you feel like an idiot for doing it. Then you have a nice gaping hole to look at for a couple weeks. I superglued my gash shut and it healed up pretty quick. probably shoulda got a stich or 2 in it, oh well.
Hope your hand isn't hurt too bad.

·
Registered
665 Posts

Yeah,Believe it or Not. The super Glue works really well :bigthumbsup:!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

cbxer55 said:
With a name like Prozac, I hope you were not using the dremel while on the stuff!
So, you live in the OKC area?
I live in Midwest City.
We need a board of our own so those of us down here can plan some rides.
I am re-located from southern California, and do not know the roads well here.
Sure miss all the swoopy roads I used to live near.
Only one I know here is the road around Draper lake, and that one is horrible!
Hope your hand is alright.
I have whacked myself numerous times with fresh x-acto blades.
A little super glue goes a long way.
Doctors even use the stuff nowadays.

Robert Hill
Midwest City, OK.
Nah, the names from....well, it would take too long to explain. I'll tell ya some day over a beer (or coffee, coke, whatever) LOL!

Hands ok, didn't need stitches and the hole from where I inserted the dremel is almost completely closed now. I will remember the superglue in the future though.Â

There are a few state highways here that are a lot of fun to ride, lots of small towns and curves. A couple of my favorite rides are Highway 33 going East out of Guthrie, and taking 2nd street (Edmond Road) East out of Edmond. 2nd street picks up a large portion of Route 66 going through Oklahoma, and it's a blast to ride through all the little towns it takes you through en route to Tulsa!Â

If you head down South, you can ride down to Mount Scott in the Southwest part of the state, or if you go Southeast you can ride the Talimena Skyline Drive which is gorgeous in the fall. There is a large variety of landscape in this state, from the salt plains and Little Sahara desert in the north and Black Mesa volcano in the panhandle to the hills and rolling plains down South from Texas to Arkansas. We definitely need to start an Oklahoma M109Riders board!

Dang! Highjacked my own thread!!

G

·

prozac123 said:
When are you going to get a 109, dude? If you're ever in OKC you can take a test ride on mine, man.  :bigthumbsup:
::) ::) ::) I truly don't know when mine is coming... I am on a list about 1-2 months out they said.. I have another bike so the wait is not too unbearable. They people I have a deposit with have the best deal around by far and that's why there is a wait... :eek:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Patience, grasshoppers. I will post a pic tonight.

And hey, it's not like you guys haven't seen this mod before!! Heck, you may have even see a bike that looks like mine before!!  :joke:

I am just happy this website and you guys are here because I wouldn't have done anything to my bike without all of you showing me how and inspiring me with all the stuff you have done to your bikes!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
127 Posts

prozac123 said:
I am just happy this website and you guys are here because I wouldn't have done anything to my bike without all of you showing me how and inspiring me with all the stuff you have done to your bikes!! :bigthumbsup:
ditto Prozac, I probably would still have the stock seats, stock grip, and brake lever in the same place. I will post some pics in another thread after I mod the "gel" passenger seat with a backrest.

·
Registered
422 Posts

Ron S said:
Yeah,Believe it or Not. The super Glue works really well :bigthumbsup:!
Wasn't superglue originally designed for military use for closing wounds (quicker than stitching) in the field?
Then it was marketed commercially afterwards so I believe

·
Registered
665 Posts

Not sure? But Morticians have used it for years.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

Aussie109! You have the right of that. Superglue was indeed originally designed to close wounds. It is much faster at closing wounds than bandages and much easier to keep sanitary.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts