M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious if anyone has used them. thinking of going really low, not sure if it would work for me.

i weigh about 175 - 180lbs

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you can afford it, go airride. Then you can go as low as you want or as high as you want with a toggle switch. Love it!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
Several on here have them. It depends on what you do with the bike, you don't want to go that low if you ride a lot of twisties. But if you mostly ride flat land and want the look they work well. Just remember to grind off the bolts that extend below the fender so you don't gouge the tire.

And you can get most of your cornering clearance back by tilting the foot pegs up a little. With 3" bones you lose a little over 1" clearance at the pegs. If you remove the feelers or go with pegs that don't have them you gain back about 5/8" of that. Then if you lift the pegs up and put a spacer under them you can get the rest of it back. The bones I have on mine lower it about 2.25" and I have more cornering clearance than the bike had stock.

You may need to bump the rear shock up from the factory 4 setting to something higher to gain some tire clearance too. And limit yourself to riding solo.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mad Greek, I just installed 3" yannashki's and love em. I have not done anything with the pegs and I did scrape them one time. I weigh the same as you and have not bottomed out the tire but I have the ride set pretty stiff. I will raise the pegs up a bit, but other than that I am real happy. I am away from my computer but will post a couple of pics tomorrow nite, there are a few pics of my bike on other posts (I think in the "greys only" thread. Good luck. Vinny

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys for your info... well heres a little twist, eventually i want to put progressive springs which lowers the front about 1 1/2"... now i know ill be scraping.

you guys said raising the pegs a little.. isnt it a fixed bracket? i will evetually change out my pegs. put how do you raise the stock ones?

thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
thanks guys for your info... well heres a little twist, eventually i want to put progressive springs which lowers the front about 1 1/2"... now i know ill be scraping.

you guys said raising the pegs a little.. isnt it a fixed bracket? i will evetually change out my pegs. put how do you raise the stock ones?

You are correct in not being able to raise the peg bracket because it is a "fixed bracket." However, the peg itself raises up since it is attached to a spring loaded mechanism. Like Zoom mentioned in his post, you can tap into the inner portion of the peg and insert a small screw to keep it raised to the desired angle.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts

Pick the pegs up and slip a penny or two between the pegs and the stop. Notice how much that angles the pegs up. If you like it that way and it's comfortable for you, remove the pegs and tap the back of them for a small screw. You're not tilting the bracket the pegs mount on, just holding the pegs up a little.

It actually made mine more comfortable. The angle of the pegs now better matches the angle of my legs and feet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts