M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone besides me found that when they adjust a Barnett's cable from the lower end and do as the service manual suggests (which is to completely loosen the lever and then remove slack from lever by adjusting the lower end) that to do so requires the cable curved arm to be adjusteded lower pressing against the lower frame? Of'course at the lower end the cable can be adjusted not to press tightly against the frame but then the appropiate amount of slack cannot taken out the lever end without making the adjustment there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i found that when i did the adjustment on my stock cable per the service manual this happened, i was working on my clutch and researching bluey fix and stuff, and stumbled upon this page, there is an additional adjustment that can be done. it may take a little bit more time than you'd like, but it worked really well for me. you'll have to take you're exhaust off to get to the clutch cover.

go to http://bigpapam109.com/downloads/clutch.pdf and look at the part where it says periodic maintenance 2-23. follow those instructions...

make sure that before you do this that you readjust the cable there in your pictures so that it is not touching the frame first and lock it down in that position, then do this adjustment.

hope this helps, someone might have a better easier fix, but this is how i had to do it, i was already in there tho so it really wasn't a problem for me. good luck!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the pdf nice to know about this other adjustment option. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
All I did was connect mine at the tranny end so it didn't hit the frame, then did the final adjustment up top. I think I actually set the top so the adjustment was in about the mid range then hooked up the bottom end, but it's been so long I don't recall. I always like having some adjustment at the top though.

And it doesn't matter which end you have the slack on, so it may as well be the end you can get to easily. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts