1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have a Fulmer 3/4 flip face shield Gloss Black I'll sell you it's a Small if your interested?

:doorag:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I have one of these,,,,,,,,More of a shield for the face and eyes!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have one of these,,,,,,,,More of a shield for the face and eyes!!
do you wear corrective contact lenses with it??

I am not worried about full face protection and honestly would prefer without, i am switching from a shield-less half helmet and I really prefer it to my fullface. If i have to go with a shield that goes down below my chin to keep my contacts from drying out i'd probably just stay with the 1/2

the 2 features that even make me want to get a 3/4 are

#1 ear coverage for speakers for bluetooth Navigation and tunes

#2 the helmet i linked to in the OP has the flip down sun screen option which would be real handy for me since on my commute its either dark on the way in and or the way home and sunny for the other direction & i currently and am lugging around 2 sets of googels/safety glasses

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Fulmer 3/4 flip face shield Gloss Black I'll sell you it's a Small if your interested?

:doorag:
no thanks , i would have to visit the witchdoctor at the end of BeetleJuice to fit into a small

·
Registered
818 Posts
I wear my prescription sunglasses with mine works fine can't say about contacts :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I've been riding with contact lens since 1979. I find that they dry out very quickly if there is airflow around my eyes. I could not imagine how a helmet like your are referring to would help the situation? I wear a full-face helmet which has a secondary tinted visor that flips down internally, and this is really nice for preventing drying out. If I have that up, and slightly lift the outer visor for some airflow, my contacts get uncomfortable real fast. And my bike has a windshield as well, though only the Suzuki Sport model, which is kind of low. It may be directing a lot more air right at the helmet, exacerbating the situation.

Unfortunately you are probably going to need a full-face if you want to prevent contact drying.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
do you wear corrective contact lenses with it??

I am not worried about full face protection and honestly would prefer without, i am switching from a shield-less half helmet and I really prefer it to my fullface. If i have to go with a shield that goes down below my chin to keep my contacts from drying out i'd probably just stay with the 1/2

the 2 features that even make me want to get a 3/4 are

#1 ear coverage for speakers for bluetooth Navigation and tunes

#2 the helmet i linked to in the OP has the flip down sun screen option which would be real handy for me since on my commute its either dark on the way in and or the way home and sunny for the other direction & i currently and am lugging around 2 sets of googels/safety glasses
I don't wear contacts. I prolly should so i can see LOL

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wear contacts and I wear a half helmet and riding sunglasses from 7Eye. I have no problems with drying out. The glasses I use change color which is really handy. I used to carry two sets as well and I hated it. These were a little pricey($170) but I got them as a gift from my wife which was nice since I would have NEVER bought them for myself.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I wear soft contact lens since 1987. I wear a skull cap most of the time. I always wear either sun glasses during the day or yellow lens during night. I never have had any issue with contacts drying out or even loosing any.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wear a skull cap and wear contacts. Look into getting a good pair of glasses that have the foam around the eyes. They work wonders for me. Also with time my eyes became used to it. My eyes would water and then dry out horribly when I began riding, now I don't even notice a change.

G

·
I'll wear a half helmet in the summer hot days....and buy a good pair of riding goggles/glasses....they have vented foam that fit around your eye sockets....works perfectly... I have a pair of tinted for day time and clear for night time....

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I always wear my Scorpion EXO-200 (3/4 helmet w/Visor) and I used to wear contacts but always just wear my glasses now. I have very light sensitive eyes and need a tinted visor even on cloudy days. I don't believe that I had issues with my eyes drying out with the 3/4 helmet when I did wear contacts. The air more circulates around your mouth and doesn't really make it up to your eyes.

I like the 3/4 helmets with shields mainly because of:

• Full tinted shield provides protection from rocks, bugs, bright sunshine.
  • Better air flow and breathability to mouth/nose than full face.
  • Can leave helmet on and take a drink by flipping visor up (unlike a standard full face)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCOR...QQitemZ180518860430QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I always wear my Scorpion EXO-200 (3/4 helmet w/Visor) and I used to wear contacts but always just wear my glasses now. I have very light sensitive eyes and need a tinted visor even on cloudy days. I don't believe that I had issues with my eyes drying out with the 3/4 helmet when I did wear contacts. The air more circulates around your mouth and doesn't really make it up to your eyes.

• Can leave helmet on and take a drink by flipping visor up (unlike a standard full face)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCOR...QQitemZ180518860430QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise
I have a 3/4 with full face shield, and use it when I am not on a long ride,

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'll wear a half helmet in the summer hot days....and buy a good pair of riding goggles/glasses....they have vented foam that fit around your eye sockets....works perfectly... I have a pair of tinted for day time and clear for night time....
:agree:100% I wear HD glasses with the foam!!! The one and only HD product I love!!!:doorag:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

GR, i have pretty light sensitive eyes as well although not quite very light sensitive. I work swing shift and the problem for me with just a single tinted shield is I am either at work before the sun comes up or leaving from work after it sets, even dark both ways if i am on the graveyard shift.

THANX EVERYONE for their input seems to show differing opionions though, guess I will have to tempt fate

I think i am gonna try the helmet i linked to in the original post, i think/hope it should serve me well at least into JULY/August when i will likely be taking the wimpsheild off the C & if it causes the problems i'll switch back to my half helmet til the end of September when the shield will go back on

BTW, i was quite happy lugging tinted goggles, untinted safety glasses, riding without music & communication to the outside world in my barbaric half helmet til I rode with < Name withheld to protect the guilty> who sports a fancy smancy NOLAN bluetooth helmet with an aux inner flip down tinted sheild :doh::doh::doh:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
. I work swing shift and the problem for me with just a single tinted shield is I am either at work before the sun comes up or leaving from work after it sets, even dark both ways if i am on the graveyard shift.
If that's the case than you might want the mack-daddy EX0-1000 which has the external clear visor and secondary internal flip down tinted eye shield. A little more of a pricey helmet but I've got 3 riding friends that have it and they absolutely love the helmet. Great for riding in bright sunshine or at night.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/38/6961/ITEM/Scorpion-EXO-1000-Helmet.aspx

1 - 18 of 18 Posts