M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me & my wife went to the mountains of TN & NC from Thursday until Saturday. Had terrific chamber of commerce weather, great scenery, great roads and a great time together. I have over 75 pictures total but heres just a few to share.

We rode the Cherohala Skyway, The Dragon, Hellbender 28, The Blue Ridge Parkway and several other "unnamed" roads that were great.

Fall has been very late in coming to the S.E. All of the North Georgia mountains and most of the TN & NC mountains are still entirely green with no fall color yet which is really strange. The only fall color we could find was above 5000' on the BRP.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Great fuggun pics man especially the ones by the water:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
Awesome pics GR, that's some great scenery for sure! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Fall is late coming even up here. Leaves started falling early just because it was so dry, then we had a lot of rain and everything greened back up. There's just a few trees here and there that have changed.

How far up the BRP did you ride, and how did you pack all your gear for that many days? My wife and I have been talking about taking a long riding vacation like that.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Great fuggun pics man especially the ones by the water:bigthumbsup:
:bigthumbsup: Awesome pix. looks like a great time.
Thanks guys, it was!

How far up the BRP did you ride, and how did you pack all your gear for that many days? My wife and I have been talking about taking a long riding vacation like that.
Well for the first time EVER I actually trailered the bike. I broke down and put a hitch on my vehicle and borrowed my friends 8' trailer w/ramp and did it that way. Normally in the past me & her would wear backpacks and ride from home and stay 1 or sometimes 2 nights. But since it's like 42 degrees in the mountains in the mornings and 75 in the afternoon I didn't want to try to have all that gear on us.

It worked out really well this way. We rode when we wanted in the afternoons and hiked in the cooler mornings instead. Best of both worlds! :doorag:

On the BRP we rode today from the start of it in Cherokee, NC to just south of Asheville, NC. This was more of a sightseeing trip for us so we took our time and stopped alot at any pull off that looked good. I did get behind some slooooooooow blue hairs driving large Mercury & Cadillac Sedans with Florida plates a few times, plus a slooooooooooooow bunch of Harley riders (which I blew past on a double yellow line riding 2up on the 9) I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't mind "cruising" but Gawd I guess my idea of cruising is different than some other riders.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing those.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
:bigthumbsup:Carrie and I just came back from Ashville on Wed. We went up Sunday. We didnt get to ride as much as we wanted but we did ride the skyway on the way up and the dragon coming back. It was a brutal ride on the skyway. anything over 3000 ft was cold and wet. we stopped once at 5200 ft and there was ice on our gear. the rest of the trip was awesome!
Great pics Nathan!:clap2:
When I hit the lottery we are moving that way. :joke:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wish we had something like that in Texas. Beautiful pics!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
A friend of mine told me the Tennessee mountains were beautiful...... I dont see it :joke:

GREAT PICS!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
:bigthumbsup:Hey Nathan great pics ,glad u had fun & made it back safe, looks like everything went 100% that day.The scenery its a awesome:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Amazing pics man, I hope I can do a trip like that some day...

I would have to drive 7 hours first to get out of FLAT a$$ Florida :D

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Amazing pics man, I hope I can do a trip like that some day...I would have to drive 7 hours first to get out of FLAT a$$ Florida :D
Funny at the bottom of the waterfall was a 63yr old guy that came there on from Houston, TX (been riding for 3 days) on a Goldwing and he said this was the first time in his life seeing a waterfall in person. :eek:............I guess I take for granted that I come up to the mountains a fair amount every year and see sights like this.

·
Registered
215 Posts
WOW 63 years old, on a bike for 3 days,,,,,hope i can do that at 63.

Love the pictures, need to plan a ride like that with the wife someday.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Great, Great, Great :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Awsome pics GR...sounds like a great little breakaway...can't believe how green things still are...Great riding and hiking is hard to beat..!!:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts