M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 ' m109r, 6000 miles. I lost 2nd gear on 3-20-10. I took it to my dealer to get checked out. Suzuki is going to fix it for free. Has anyone else had a 2nd gear failure????

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Use the search or you can also check the sticky for the FAQ's. And yes it has been a problem for more than a couple of the 9's on this forum.

·
Registered
735 Posts
good to hear them standing behind their product... did you have extended warranty or are they doing it out of good faith.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealer told me it was a good faith fix. I bought the bike new in 09' even tho it was 2 years old. It sat on the showroom floor for 2 years I also purchased a 3 year extened warrenty. Another ? What is the proper procedure for changing the engine oil with the dry sump????

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
Dealer told me it was a good faith fix. I bought the bike new in 09' even tho it was 2 years old. It sat on the showroom floor for 2 years I also purchased a 3 year extened warrenty. Another ? What is the proper procedure for changing the engine oil with the dry sump????
It does not sound to me like good faith if you have an extended warranty. I would think that is what is covering it. But it is good to see that they are not trying to turn it down for BS reasons.

Here are 2 links on oil changes from the how 2 section.

Click here 1

Click here 2

:congrats:
and :welcome: to the forum also bro. Check out the two links in my signature when you get the chance.

·
Registered
72 Posts
call...

Hello my name is keith from michigan and im having 2nd gear issues with my 2007 M-109, Channel 7 here in Michigan is doing an investigation on Suzuki concerning the 2nd gear that i brought to their attention and it is going to air here in Michigan on may 1st. at 11 p.m. call me at 313-492-9743 and any one else you know thats having an 2nd gear issue have them call me as well. were gonna make Suzuki be responsible for their products. call me asap thank you...:cop:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts