M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I recently purchased an intruder m1800r, but I have a problem.. I understood that this motorcycle comes with a problem from the factory in gear 2 my motorcycle goes into gear 2 3 4 5 fine, but for me the problem would be that when I accelerate it in gear 2 it starts grinding. it does not jump out of gear and continues its acceleration but grinds has anyone encountered this problem? what could it be from?
My model is M1800r from 2012

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,636 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Denis. That is one that I've never heard of. Are you sure it's a grinding noise and not just the straight cut gears in these? Normally, as you say, the problem with 2nd gear is it jumps out under acceleration. Does the grinding stay the same as you accelerate?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello again
Welcome to the forum, Denis. That is one that I've never heard of. Are you sure it's a grinding noise and not just the straight cut gears in these? Normally, as you say, the problem with 2nd gear is it jumps out under acceleration. Does the grinding stay the same as you accelerate?
no, it grinds once or twice during the entire acceleration but it doesn't jump from the right

1 - 9 of 9 Posts