M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 109 a month ago (what a truly mean machine) and am jones'n to see if a larger tire is possible..280-300. Read a couple posts on the subject, but no costs listed and a step by step on any mods would be much appreciated....don't like reinventing the wheel (no pun intended) with each mod.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
The kits should be done pretty quick. I think the hubs will be done this week. The wheels should be shipping pretty quick too and then they will be cut and sent out for finishing. I will do a step by step when I get back from Sturgis on the install. By that time I should have both front and rear wheels. Right now there is only a 280 kit. The 300 will be a lot more work and expence so we decided to go with the easy mod first. ;)
http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6089&str=290&ID=239866507

You may have seen this already but here it is if you haven't.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=711

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a mil'. I look forward to seeing the process and the costs involved.

PS Love the site. Thanks for all the help and advice Lamont

Jaded

·
Registered
84 Posts
That'll make me pull the reserve VISA. Now what exactly are you doin' with the front? thx

Oh.. and what's the latest on that air ride availability. Hows it holding up so far??

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
any ballpark on the price yet lamont?

G

·
Lamont....Can we just purchase the super hub,,and purchase wheels From RC components or ?I guess what I'm askin also ,,is the super hub an adaptor to any or most after market wheels for shaft bikes?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
WIZARD said:
That'll make me pull the reserve VISA. Now what exactly are you doin' with the front? thx

Oh.. and what's the latest on that air ride availability. Hows it holding up so far??
We are still doing a little tweaking on the air ride so I'm guessing it won't be in stock till we get back from our trip. ::) It's working great but I want to get the most out of the adjustment and 1/8" make a big differance in the travel. We are real close to getting it perfect. We are going to cut a new part when I get to AZ and I think it will be nailed then. :doorag:

I'm going with the same cut as the rear on the front, both in chrome. :doorag: :super:

phaed said:
any ballpark on the price yet lamont?
http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6089&str=290&ID=239866507

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
traysvega said:
Lamont....Can we just purchase the super hub,,and purchase wheels From RC components or ?I guess what I'm askin also ,,is the super hub an adaptor to any or most after market wheels for shaft bikes?
The wheels are drilled for our adapter and won't work with any other wheels, that's why we start with a blank wheel. It's a little more involved than you might think. ::) This is not a Superhub like the VTX hub.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lamonster said:
We are still doing a little tweaking on the air ride so I'm guessing it won't be in stock till we get back from our trip. ::) It's working great but I want to get the most out of the adjustment and 1/8" make a big differance in the travel. We are real close to getting it perfect. We are going to cut a new part when I get to AZ and I think it will be nailed then. :doorag:

I'm going with the same cut as the rear on the front, both in chrome. :doorag: :super:
So what are you working on that's regarding a 1/8" ?? I'm a little lost. So are there going to be two sets for wheels available? The OEM look and that slick cut that your postin' with or just the one?? I like the OEM look in the OEM silver finish... Easy to clean etc and chrome doesn't look good on my color bike from pics I've seen.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
WIZARD said:
So what are you working on that's regarding a 1/8" ?? I'm a little lost. So are there going to be two sets for wheels available? The OEM look and that slick cut that your postin' with or just the one?? I like the OEM look in the OEM silver finish... Easy to clean etc and chrome doesn't look good on my color bike from pics I've seen.
You want to get the bike to beable to drop as low as you can without hitting the fender. Right now I have too much clearance and I want to drop it a little more but still have a good ride hight when it's pumped up. That takes changing the eye to eye on the shock.

Right now it looks like we are going to have two sets of wheels for sure and more to come. We can do custom wheels too. :doorag:

·
Registered
585 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
you forgot to put IMO (In my opinion) because I for another don't like the chrome on the rims for my silver bike.It seems to look like overkill :super: :doorag: :bigthumbsup:
I dont know , i saw a Silver with chrome wheels and i thought it looked AWSOME ! :bigthumbsup:

I thought it pulled out the rest of the chrome on the bike ! :a18:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Love the look of the 280 , like Lamont said it looks like it belongs on that phat azz :bigthumbsup:

But i prefer the design of the stock wheel over that Star looking wheel on the 280 kit

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm just curious about how a larger wheel/tire combo affects performance, if any at all?

I know that on my Dodge Ram with the Hemi, clad in the 20" wheel/tire combo that I bought it with, the truck is fast... but my friend who has the same truck, with the smaller wheels and tires, is faster...

Just curious how much it affects the performance of the bike...

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
BigBen said:
I'm just curious about how a larger wheel/tire combo affects performance, if any at all?

I know that on my Dodge Ram with the Hemi, clad in the 20" wheel/tire combo that I bought it with, the truck is fast... but my friend who has the same truck, with the smaller wheels and tires, is faster...

Just curious how much it affects the performance of the bike...
You might want to put a 180 on your bike then. :joke:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
CC Rider said:
I dont know , i saw a Silver with chrome wheels and i thought it looked AWSOME !  :bigthumbsup:

I thought it pulled out the rest of the chrome on the bike !  :a18:
+1...........planning on going chrome on my silver one 8)......the factory grey well just don't have the pop they need to have to go with all the chrome on the bike ......................." IMO " :joke:

G

·
CC Rider said:
Love the look of the 280 , like Lamont said it looks like it belongs on that phat azz :bigthumbsup:

But i prefer the design of the stock wheel over that Star looking wheel on the 280 kit
We are making a 280 replicator wheel that matches the stock wheel. The star design is an option.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts