M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear hubs to fit custom wheels...proprietary design so they will NOT fit RC, Weld, PM, etc.
Fronts will be done by end of next week...

·
Registered
205 Posts
grampi said:
Does anyone actually make a 280mm tire? I've never seen one.
Yup...looks like you missed the debate caused by Joe C putting a 280 on a stock rim.
Rob...how many different wheel styles will there be? I'm hoping for something trimmed down and light as possible.
Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PhreakShow said:
Yup...looks like you missed the debate caused by Joe C putting a 280 on a stock rim.
Rob...how many different wheel styles will there be? I'm hoping for something trimmed down and light as possible.
Thanks.
A 280 mounted on a 10.0 rim is 10.85 wide and a 300 mounted on a 10.50 rim is 11.70 wide.
First rims to ship will be the Replicator. Have front and rear rims with several different designs in the works....Getting the weight down is hard to do in comparison to the factory hollow cast wheels. The left hub alone weighs just under 9 pounds...although it starts out as a 23 pound piece of billet. To get the weight down....no cush drive and sheet metal rims.Â

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Rob_BCC said:
Rear hubs to fit custom wheels...proprietary design so they will NOT fit RC, Weld, PM, etc.
Fronts will be done by end of next week...

Looking good Bro. :bigthumbsup: Did the wheels show up yet? ::)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Ummm, this may be a dumb question, but if they won't fit RC Components, Weld, PM, etc. what DO they fit?? DO you have a selection of wheels to choose from that they will fit that we can see? If so we need a URL for the pics. Thanks!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

OK, so now I read the rest of the thread, and some of my questions were answered already. I would still like to see pics and prices of the wheels that will eventually be available to go with these hubs. Thanks! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
BlackCherry said:
Ummm, sorry but yuck! I want something like these! I kinda like the Vega style, as well as the Predator and Gladiator.
Oh, and thanks for the link. I admit I'm a bit lazy at times. :p :bigthumbsup:
Those are pretty tight, but gotta remembe this is a small operation working out the details of the 280 kit. Good things will come to those who wait.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Guys I have to ask what are the wheels being finished in are they polished or chromed if chromed are you also making the front for the replicator or just the rear why I ask cause here in OZ they have no friggin idea on how to chrome alloy well and would rather buy a complete set chromed from you guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts