·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the Met 280 be plugged? I am juat asking haven't done it.. Got a small nail

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
seapup did it at the VA meet, but not sure how long he ran it before installing a new tire...... If you do I wouldnt be doing 90 - 100 mph on it.. ;)

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I had my 280 plugged from the inside. It was almost new so it was plugged and I put 4500 miles on it with NO problems. I did check pressure often and never lost any. I believe it is a decision only you can make to plug it or not.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I've run plugs for a long time and had no pro with it. Two up too. The last year I've run with the Slime and love it. Don't know if i'd run the slime with dina beads. I may go back to plugs being the it would inter fear with the beads. I like the slime because if you got a nail in the tire while in the road all you have to do is pull the nail and ride on. So far i haven't heard of any pros with the plugs yet.

Good luck ride on.
Dave @ NES with

G

·
rode my sportbike with two plugs in the rear tire, and put the green slime in it.....(tire only had 200 miles on it) ....rode it till the tire wore from "normal" wear and tear and replaced once the threads started showing

go for it....or take it to a tireshop and they can patch from the inside....

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
IMHO, I would only use a plug to get it to a shop. Either have the shop patch it on the inside or use their judgement as to whether the tire is safe or not. It is certainly not advisable to use slime with dynabeads.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Do not use green slime it is for off road use only and will throw your tire off balance.You only have two tires under you don't take the chance.I got a screw in my brand new rear and just upgraded to the 250e3.Never take advice from she's real fine she's on idiot.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a plan I am going to take the bike to the shop and have them patch it from the inside.. Thanks guy ad gals

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
plugged mine in the hotel parking lot in Eureka Springs and rode it back to Tulsa, seemed ok. Had to replace it anyway because it was almost gone though

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have never needed to plug a MC tire, but I wouldn't hesitate. I have had really good luck with plugs in car tires, and didn't have any problems even running 150+ on the autobahn in a plugged tire. Just make sure you check it before every ride and if it leaks at all change it immediately. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts