M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I explained why I put this tire on the stock wheel.The sectional width on the tire mounted and aired up is 10.5".I did loose .5" of width over the 10" wheel but I gained a better profile.I do not appreciate the bashing.I like this sight but if you want to try something on your bike,try it but dont bash the guy who is trying it and sharing his infomation with you.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
relax chief. what bashing? we'd just like to see pics., if you really did it. i for 1 don't believe it. proove me wrong with some close-ups.

:nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic:

G

·
Captain are you being mean to the newbies again???? Don't they know you are nice guy... JUST SHOW US SOME PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
well try, share it, and LETS SEE IT!!!!!!!

:nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic: :nopic:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
bad109 said:
relax chief. what bashing? we'd just like to see pics., if you really did it. i for 1 don't believe it. proove me wrong with some close-ups.
Apparently I was the one bashing him in the other thread when I mentioned the possible safety issues with stuffing a tire that size on our stock rim. Personally, my life is not worth the risk of a tire malfunction which will most likely happen when taking a fast corner. Here's the message he sent me...

I am testing this idea as I have stated.The bike handles very well with the more rounded profile.So quit f&&&&&& bashing everybody who is trying something different and sharing their information.
At any rate, everybody wants pics, yet he has not responded to a single request. Instead he takes the time to whine about perceived bashings. I say, put up or shut up. Show some pics or quit talking about it.

G

·
I for one am all about trying new things. I am probably the only one on this board who is slowly turning it into a chopper. I am curious how it looks since it obviously is a much rounder contact patch than a 240. Just post pics so we can see. I am also curious about the sidewall. Could you take a pic of that too. I want to see how much bowing there is outward from the bead. Thanks.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Who mounted the tire for you? Did they have any concerns as to the smaller rim size for this particular tire? Had they heard of it being done before? I can see why you're getting so much interest about this. Buying a $240 tire vs. a $2000+ conversion kit is definitely an attention-getter.

Gotta come "armed" and ready with this crowd, it seems :joke:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts