M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, what am I looking at:

This is advertised as a 122 ci SS motor putting out 280 hp. I have to assume it's boosted somehow, but it doesn't say. I'll bet someone on here can tell me.
I'm not going to ride or buy it, just curious. Also sounds like a lot of bang for the buck.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/1954408429.html

·
Registered
566 Posts
No way you get 280 at the rear wheel (thats 310 to 330 at the crank) from a normally aspirated S&S V twin on pump gas.

Just my .02

Jazz

·
Registered
21 Posts
Several things look wrong with this bike. First that MPH doesnt match that E.T. I would also think 280 HP on a slick tire bike would do better then a 9.80 the MPH seems right for about a 8.80 could be a misprint, also isnt that a supercharger hangin off the side of the motor?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
It looks like some kind of fuel injection/throttle body, and that gauge on the left handlebar looks like a pressure gauge. Maybe a 100hp shot of NOS. LOL

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Several things look wrong with this bike. First that MPH doesnt match that E.T. I would also think 280 HP on a slick tire bike would do better then a 9.80 the MPH seems right for about a 8.80 could be a misprint, also isnt that a supercharger hangin off the side of the motor?
Nope, not a blower. Looks like an amped-up carb with a velocity stack.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I think you are right

This is a 350 CC Yamaha, Fast lil chit
RD350LC drag bike. John Floyd on a slower quarter mile run at Santapod in 2006. The world record which he holds in that class is 8.87 sec @ 146 mph.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
The e.t. and trap speed definently don't match up unless that thing spun through 1st and 2nd gear. It probably is running a 100 shot (maybe as much as 150) of N20.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
He could be running nitromethane in it too, some still run that. And with that trap speed he should be in the low to mid 8's, not high 9's, unless it has one heck of a top end charge.

I like the way it is listed as a Harley drag bike. How many HD parts do you think is on that thing?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts