M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering to who all is planning on this conversion. I would like to add it to my bike though I must say ( and I don't want this to sway anyone elses opinion) that after comparing the 240 next to a Dunlop 250, and 2 custom choppers one sporting a 280 and the other ROCKING :yikes: a 300 that I cannot see a $2,350 difference. I would no questions asked be one of the first purchasers of a 300 kit for our bike, my GF has approved and encouraged the idea ( she thinks her butt will look smaller ::)) at a similar cost though after comparing a 250 dunlop replacement next to the 280 I am dissapointed. How can the 280 on look marginally larger than a 240 which is the difference of 40mm and a 300 over a 280 is :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope that several of these sell though I personally wish that the R&D would have been spent on a more significant change. I hope this thread dosen't offend or upset anyone, your hard work is much appreciated by many, I just am curious to others opinions on this.... :beer2: :beer3:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm with you wild. I make some decent money, but hate to waste it on something that doesn't rile me up. I'd rather dump that 2g's into a supercharger or something. I just don't see a huge difference in appeal to ME. I don't know about anyone else.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Incoherent Babbling? Are you kidding me? ::) I won't even get in this argument w/ you. I hope you buy one and find great enjoyment in it. :beer2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I also agree.. I just wish they put as much energy towards the air intake kits, which I think everyone will buy, as they did the rear wheel conversion. As awesome of a mod as it is, I just don't see too many people going for it. Forgive me if I am wrong about how much work you've put into the intake kit, but I'm sure there is a lot more work involved with the rear conversion.

+1 on the Supercharger!!! :evil: :evil:

G

·
The air intake is being machined right now. The 280 wheels will not be machined until the air kits are done. This stuff doesn't happen overnight and you have to match the needs of the design with available resources.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ppridgen1 said:
wasn't meanig that mean, i wasn't quite awake yet and had a hard time following you. but re-read it now and understand.still it is about a two inch difference in width!
Oooh, I see.. Actually after re reading the post I do agree that it was worded the best that it could have been. English and proper sentence writing have never been nor will ever be something I am good at, so I improvise.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Personally, I don't think the investment would benefit the bike or me. You can still put a slightly wider tire on the 109 with no modification.

I think if I'm gonna plunk down 2k, I'd rather do it on different MODs.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Wildracing22 said:
I am wondering to who all is planning on this conversion. I would like to add it to my bike though I must say ( and I don't want this to sway anyone else's opinion) that after comparing the 240 next to a Dunlop 250, and 2 custom choppers one sporting a 280 and the other ROCKING :yikes: a 300 that I cannot see a $2,350 difference. I would no questions asked be one of the first purchasers of a 300 kit for our bike, my GF has approved and encouraged the idea ( she thinks her butt will look smaller ::)) at a similar cost though after comparing a 250 dunlop replacement next to the 280 I am dissapointed. How can the 280 on look marginally larger than a 240 which is the difference of 40mm and a 300 over a 280 is :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope that several of these sell though I personally wish that the R&D would have been spent on a more significant change. I hope this thread dosen't offend or upset anyone, your hard work is much appreciated by many, I just am curious to others opinions on this.... :beer2: :beer3:
This mod is not for everyone and I guess you would just have to see it on the bike to see the difference. A 300 kit can be done but now you're talking really big bucks compared to the 280, there's a lot of issues with doing a 300 on this bike and I don't think you guys are ready to pony up for that right now. I give it a year or two before that happens. ::) The main reason I want to do the 280 is that I feel that it just looks right on the bike and makes the back end of that bike come together. When I look at the 240 now I see a small tire after having that 280 on there. I also know that the handling won't suffer from this mod and when I get the air on and drop the bike 4" it's really going to look fat on there. :doorag:

I've been customizing bikes for some time now and the last three bikes I have built have had some pretty good press and all my bikes are riders, not just art like a lot of the custom bikes you see today. ::) When I get done with the 109 there will be a lot of little things and BIG things that will set this bike apart from all the other 109's. It all about making the bike part of your personality. It took me four major facelifts to get my Valkyrie where I wanted it and after it was done I knew the bike had a little bit of me in every part that I changed. 8) I'm doing the same thing to my Boss Hoss right now and when I get done there won't be another even close to this one at first but you can bet there will be later down the road. ;)

If things go well I should have one of the prototype airbox's on my bike this week. :doorag: I know a lot of people are going to jump on this first but when we were doing the R&D we were hoping we could get more done than we did and that we would have a wheel hub setup and a airbox done at the same time. Just took a lot more than we thought it would take but we are moving forward now and I think you guys are going to like what you see. :bigthumbsup: We will have a HyperCharger version of this air box too. :doorag:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts