M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carlos here, from Port St. Lucie, Fl...new member...hello to all fellow 109'rs...does any know if it's possible to mount a 260mm rear tire to the stock rim?  Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yep many of us have already done so. In fact, there have been a couple of very brave souls who have put a 280 on the stock rim, but that is not recommended if you ask me. Directline has the metzler 260 for a great price, check out our board sponsor. Cheers!!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
hey Perry,do you have some pics of the 280 on the stock wheel from a couple different angles?Thanks in advance.Hey ,also,did I read that you have or are getting soon...nitrous?Post pics of that and how about a write up on installation.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
have the metz 280 on now for 1600 miles and love it ....it don't slip like the stocker
Hey Perry, are you still getting the 280 wheel kit from Direct Line, or have you just decided to run on the stock for a while? I know at first it was the long delay in finishing it, but just curious if you had changed your mind.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does anybody have pictures of bikes (M109r) having 240, 260 and 280 tires side by side. I know It´s a long shot but it would be nice to have the comparison.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Charles Darwin said:
Does anybody have pictures of bikes (M109r) having 240, 260 and 280 tires side by side. I know It´s a long shot but it would be nice to have the comparison.
Do a search on "Tire info for everyone" and you'll find a side by side of the stock 240 and a 280 unmounted, plus tire info on everything available for the 109 :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts