M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled my beast out this morning and was ready for great ride and noticed the back tire was nearly on the rim. I inspected the tire and found no nails or screws. Got my soap out and sprayed the tire and noticed that the bead of the tire was leaking air. Went direclty back to the dealer and the dealer has been trying to tell me that I must have hit a pothole to cause the small area that is leaking to leak. Is this possible. I just had the tire put on about 20 days ago and have only ridden twice. What do you guys. Think. Rim or tire? :dontknow:

The eventually got some type of bead sealer and it seems to be holding. We will see.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Mark (20smoke) told me that his valve stems were leaking on his after I painted and polished his wheels. I used standard rubber car valve stems, same as on my 9, and his leaked. He replaced them, and hasn't had a problem since.

As for the bead leak, maybe there's some trash or debris caught in the bead that's allowing air to seep past the seal. I worked at Sears Auto Center years ago, and we saw that a lot.

-Josh

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,084 Posts
If it's not leaking now I wouldn't worry about it. A bead leak seldom goes down fast, and it could be the tire wasn't fully beaded out when they mounted it. All it takes is a blade of grass to make them leak.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
If it's not leaking now I wouldn't worry about it. A bead leak seldom goes down fast, and it could be the tire wasn't fully beaded out when they mounted it. All it takes is a blade of grass to make them leak.
:agree: But they also could have damaged the bead when putting on the tire. Air it back up and spry it down again. You may need to over inflate it to get the bead to fully seat.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FLAT 250

:a18:Thanks for all of the messages guys. After they used the bead sealer I have not had a problem with the 250. Road fine this weekend. Thanks again. :hot:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Check it often. My 250 loses 10 lbs in a week. Had it back twice. No leak. Learning to live with it. You know, like a wife. Only they gain. Something like that.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Check it often. My 250 loses 10 lbs in a week. Had it back twice. No leak. Learning to live with it. You know, like a wife. Only they gain. Something like that.
You have to have a leak some where. Check the valve stem and the valve stem core.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
You have to have a leak some where. Check the valve stem and the valve stem core.
I agree, I lose about 2 or 3 PSI in a month!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Just a thought....
I had bought as new set of rims for my F150 a couple of years ago. The dealer installed the rims and tires and the next day my low tire light came on. I took it back and one of the tires was low so they checked it out and it had no leak. So, they pumped it up and sent me on. The next day...same problem/same results...no leaks! I told them that I was not letting the air out myself! So this old guy comes up and takes my tire off and takes it around back where they had a large tank of water and submerged the whole tire for a few minutes. He finally finds the leak in the very center of the rim! The air was leaking from the rim! It had a casting defect or something that created a tiny pin hole thru the metal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts