·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so how many of the guys that put the 240 rim on have left them on

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am hopefully having one put on this week..

Why would someone take it back off?? Handling issues???

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Why would someone take it back off?? Handling issues???
I can only speak for myself, but I have never had any handling issues. I believe gavs90 had taken his off when he took his bike in for warranty work, but he put it back on after that.

Kdog, did you get the black powder coated rim?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Actually I ended up with a standard rim.. No black powder coat..

I am taking it in for the 600 mile service on Thursday. Hopefully have it put on after that. I will have to think about whether or not I would take it off before warranty work...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I think as long as the dealership is fine with putting the M109R rim on it you'll be fine with keeping it on. I received nothing but compliments from everyone at the dealership when I had mine put on...even from the service manager who did the work and told me several times it wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It kinda depends when it gets here.. My dealership is not terribly close to where I live. I found someone close that can put it on. Unfortunately they only do tires..

I think I posted earlier that the dealership was already arguing with me that it couldnt be done...I am anxious to have it done and over with at this point..

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think as long as the dealership is fine with putting the M109R rim on it you'll be fine with keeping it on. I received nothing but compliments from everyone at the dealership when I had mine put on...even from the service manager who did the work and told me several times it wouldn't fit.
yes i had the same everyone at the dealer told me that the bike looked great and would even show people wanting to buy a m90 but when i tried to get the bike fixed under warranty all of a sudden it was no we wont fix it because of all the mods from now on if i have a warranty issue everything will be taken off and sent to a different dealer and yes i still have the 240 on

·
Registered
14 Posts
I still have mine on. It handles very well, I haven't noticed any difference (personally). No compliant on my end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts