M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2017, M109r
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I Finally got some time back in the saddle after not riding for 6 months!!!
Good to be back on. That being said, here's the good bad and ugly of all the mods I did.
-Arnott air ride with 1.5" bones, 2 piece swing arm and 300 tire: this was not a fun project.... The swing arm was either defective or just wonky AF.... Took a lot of modification and time to get it to function properly. Had to grind the notch further to not rub. Mind you im running an ME888 that's significantly eider than an Avon 300. I Almost threw in the towel multiple times. After FINALLY get it right I will say I love slamming it when I park but to be honest I thought it would look lower?? I learned the hard way that I can't ride more than half way aired down. My right passenger peg bolts hit the swing arm slightly under full compression. Has this happened to anyone else??? Ill need to address this . Handling feels a little more sluggish than when I ran the 280. Again, I don't know why, but it doesn't look as wide on my bike as all the other 300s I see. I need to chop that fender! I know its prob in my head but it looks exactly like my 280... Lol

-Sumo X fat front forks: LOVE the looks!!! Again, lesson learned hard way... You CANNOT lock your handlebars with these, key can't turn all the way. And The fat fork covers WILL RUB your Low and Mean stealth fender under compression, so cutting IS REQUIRED... shop did minor surgery just to get me on my way but well be modifying and cutting next time I go back .
-The Revo 6" Cannon: sounds great, but to be honest it sounds almost exactly the same as the VPR Shortie I had, maybe slightly lower tone bass but really hard to hear the difference. Thr color of the Revo is also wierd, not quite "satin black" . almost has a slight bronzed look to it?? Im getting it thermo painted satin black in the very near future!
update after spending all Sunday on the bike inam now officially loving my Revo. It sounds like the VPR, just more deep and refined, and to be honest the color has grown on me, but ill probably still thermo coat it satin black.

-The Down under rear brake caliper bracket: looks great, but alas, if you have a newer model 9 with the hex style bolt, it will not work with the bracket.... You will need to source a round style bolt to fit. I also had to cut down the caliper bolts as they actually hit the rotor slightly.

Overall im happy with how it turned out but its definitely a lot more money and much more labor intensive than I thought, this thing fought us at every turn, up until the bitter end. After all this work most people can't even tell I did anything @馃槄馃槄
Although I will say, at EVERY stop I made today I started a 1 man bike show lol. People just gravitate to it and ask questions. Young , old, guys, woman, kids, teens. I had an older woman ask if she could sit on it and have her pic taken 馃槄 lol. If only I was 30 years older... Lol
Had a cute chick on a Harley pull up while I was working on the street, she was in love( with the bike, not me). I have a ride date now haha.

Im happy to finally have her back. Need to give it a good detail but im beat tonight. Ill do videos in the near future to give a good overall example of the REVO. the ones on youtube suck and I feel like Revo manipulates all his videos to exaggerate the bass in his clips. Anyways... Stay tuned!
Look up Psycho1000R on youtube or socko6774 on IG for pics n clips. I don't post much on the forum. More active on FB but I figure ID leave this here for my anti FB brothers.

Attachments

Registered
Good to be back on. That being said, here's the good bad and ugly of all the mods I did.
-Arnott air ride with 1.5" bones, 2 piece swing arm and 300 tire: this was not a fun project.... The swing arm was either defective or just wonky AF.... Took a lot of modification and time to get it to function properly. Had to grind the notch further to not rub. Mind you im running an ME888 that's significantly eider than an Avon 300. I Almost threw in the towel multiple times. After FINALLY get it right I will say I love slamming it when I park but to be honest I thought it would look lower?? I learned the hard way that I can't ride more than half way aired down. My right passenger peg bolts hit the swing arm slightly under full compression. Has this happened to anyone else??? Ill need to address this . Handling feels a little more sluggish than when I ran the 280. Again, I don't know why, but it doesn't look as wide on my bike as all the other 300s I see. I need to chop that fender! I know its prob in my head but it looks exactly like my 280... Lol

-Sumo X fat front forks: LOVE the looks!!! Again, lesson learned hard way... You CANNOT lock your handlebars with these, key can't turn all the way. And The fat fork covers WILL RUB your Low and Mean stealth fender under compression, so cutting IS REQUIRED... shop did minor surgery just to get me on my way but well be modifying and cutting next time I go back .
-The Revo 6" Cannon: sounds great, but to be honest it sounds almost exactly the same as the VPR Shortie I had, maybe slightly lower tone bass but really hard to hear the difference. Thr color of the Revo is also wierd, not quite "satin black" . almost has a slight bronzed look to it?? Im getting it thermo painted satin black in the very near future!
update after spending all Sunday on the bike inam now officially loving my Revo. It sounds like the VPR, just more deep and refined, and to be honest the color has grown on me, but ill probably still thermo coat it satin black.

-The Down under rear brake caliper bracket: looks great, but alas, if you have a newer model 9 with the hex style bolt, it will not work with the bracket.... You will need to source a round style bolt to fit. I also had to cut down the caliper bolts as they actually hit the rotor slightly.

Overall im happy with how it turned out but its definitely a lot more money and much more labor intensive than I thought, this thing fought us at every turn, up until the bitter end. After all this work most people can't even tell I did anything @馃槄馃槄
Although I will say, at EVERY stop I made today I started a 1 man bike show lol. People just gravitate to it and ask questions. Young , old, guys, woman, kids, teens. I had an older woman ask if she could sit on it and have her pic taken 馃槄 lol. If only I was 30 years older... Lol
Had a cute chick on a Harley pull up while I was working on the street, she was in love( with the bike, not me). I have a ride date now haha.

Im happy to finally have her back. Need to give it a good detail but im beat tonight. Ill do videos in the near future to give a good overall example of the REVO. the ones on youtube suck and I feel like Revo manipulates all his videos to exaggerate the bass in his clips. Anyways... Stay tuned!
Look up Psycho1000R on youtube or socko6774 on IG for pics n clips. I don't post much on the forum. More active on FB but I figure ID leave this here for my anti FB brothers.
Great looking bike (y)

Registered
Psycho, you and your team of customizers KILLED IT Bro. I love everything you did to bike. All of your decisions seem to have been very-well thought out, calculated, and strategized. The details of your bike are masterful, to say the least. Your mods/upgrades are practically identical to the mods/upgrades I have on my 08' model 9 aka "MISUNDERSTOOD." Bro, I can assure you that there's a distinct difference/appeal to that 300 tire you now have, compared to the 280 tire you use to have. I know that for sure, because every day I go out to my garage, and pass by the back of my bikes, I see the 07' with the 280 tire on a 10" wheel sitting right next the 08' with the 300 tire on a 10" wheel, and there's easily a noticeable difference in the size of the two setups. It's all new to you right now Bro. Trust me on this...one day you're going to go out to your bike, and it's going to hit like a ton of bricks. That rear 300 tire is going to look like Godzilla or King Kong to you...and if you're careful to pay attention to yourself, you'll notice the huge smile on your face, and/or that enormous feeling of pride and fulfillment deep down on the inside!!! And yes, the bike does/will feel a bit more sluggish with the 300 tire installed, and the bike is never going to feel as nimble as it did with the smaller tire on the rear. As you likely well-know, that is par for the course, and basically the physics of things, when talking about our M109Rs and any other bike out there. When you go to larger/wider tires, there's going to be a bit of compromise in the handling and nimbleness of the bike. Personally, I never bought any of my 9s for the slightest purpose of riding them as if they were sport bikes. I've put a ton of money into the 07' and 08' models, I have, and the journey has started with my 14' LE model. I have no intentions of beating them up out on the roads. However, I can/do ride them hard (within reason and common sense) knowing full well the performance limitations in tight curves, cornering, and leaning with all three of my 9s.

Moreover Psycho, YOU SHOULD BE EXTREMELY PROUD OF YOURSELF BRO. You have created something that will likely be admired any and everywhere you go!!! YOUR BIKE IS A PIECE OF ART!!! :)馃弳馃弳馃弳:) Perhaps you should consider changing your Forum name to Psycho-Picasso or Psychasso.馃榿馃槀馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ馃榿

Registered
2017, M109r
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Psycho, you and your team of customizers KILLED IT Bro. I love everything you did to bike. All of your decisions seem to have been very-well thought out, calculated, and strategized. The details of your bike are masterful, to say the least. Your mods/upgrades are practically identical to the mods/upgrades I have on my 08' model 9 aka "MISUNDERSTOOD." Bro, I can assure you that there's a distinct difference/appeal to that 300 tire you now have, compared to the 280 tire you use to have. I know that for sure, because every day I go out to my garage, and pass by the back of my bikes, I see the 07' with the 280 tire on a 10" wheel sitting right next the 08' with the 300 tire on a 10" wheel, and there's easily a noticeable difference in the size of the two setups. It's all new to you right now Bro. Trust me on this...one day you're going to go out to your bike, and it's going to hit like a ton of bricks. That rear 300 tire is going to look like Godzilla or King Kong to you...and if you're careful to pay attention to yourself, you'll notice the huge smile on your face, and/or that enormous feeling of pride and fulfillment deep down on the inside!!! And yes, the bike does/will feel a bit more sluggish with the 300 tire installed, and the bike is never going to feel as nimble as it did with the smaller tire on the rear. As you likely well-know, that is par for the course, and basically the physics of things, when talking about our M109Rs and any other bike out there. When you go to larger/wider tires, there's going to be a bit of compromise in the handling and nimbleness of the bike. Personally, I never bought any of my 9s for the slightest purpose of riding them as if they were sport bikes. I've put a ton of money into the 07' and 08' models, I have, and the journey has started with my 14' LE model. I have no intentions of beating them up out on the roads. However, I can/do ride them hard (within reason and common sense) knowing full well the performance limitations in tight curves, cornering, and leaning with all three of my 9s.

Moreover Psycho, YOU SHOULD BE EXTREMELY PROUD OF YOURSELF BRO. You have created something that will likely be admired any and everywhere you go!!! YOUR BIKE IS A PIECE OF ART!!! :)馃弳馃弳馃弳:) Perhaps you should consider changing your Forum name to Psycho-Picasso or Psychasso.馃榿馃槀馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ馃榿
Lmao馃槄馃槄馃槄 you have such a way with words brother! Thanks forvl the compliments!!!
Its funny, there's times i just sit and look at it in a parking lot and it looks MONSTROUS!! then there's times I lool at and think, meh.... Lol

But I am super stoked about how it looks, a lot of though into how I wanted it to look.
Im trying to stay on theme of " stealthy, muscular, sleek". There's quite a few mods I wanted to do, but I thought it would detract from my initial vision so I just chopped them off the board. The fender is proving difficult to pic. I may just leave it be.

Registered
Lmao馃槄馃槄馃槄 you have such a way with words brother! Thanks forvl the compliments!!!
Its funny, there's times i just sit and look at it in a parking lot and it looks MONSTROUS!! then there's times I lool at and think, meh.... Lol

But I am super stoked about how it looks, a lot of though into how I wanted it to look.
Im trying to stay on theme of " stealthy, muscular, sleek". There's quite a few middle I wanted to do, but I thought it would detract from my initial vision so I just chopped them off the board. The fender is proving difficult to pic. I may just leave it be.
You're very welcomed Bro. My compliments toward you and your bike are VERY-WELL DESERVED. Every time I looked at your bike, once you started modding it, I always thought "Stealth Muscle M109R." You get an A+ for sticking perfectly to your theme. That's the same approach I have used with all of my bikes. I first have to decide on the theme I want. Then everything I do after that, in terms of mods/upgrades has to be consistent with that theme. I learned, you will find some things along the way that you just have to have (that still fit into the theme) that you hadn't thought of, or didn't know existed, when the theme was decided upon. Your bike just looks STRONG AS HECK Bro. I know for sure it looks even more strong, now that you have that 300 tire on the back. As for that Low & Mean Stealth Front Fender, in conjunction with the use of the 1-Piece Sumo-X Fat Fork Tube Covers, you MUST FIRST put the fender on the bike with the Fat Fork Tube Covers and your aftermarket Front Wheel and Tire, so you can clearance the fender to insure there will be no rubbing issues with the Fat Fork Tube Covers when the front end dampens from breaking, bad roads, and your every day road conditions, and no rubbing issues anywhere on the entire underside/inside of the fender, from front to back. During that time, you should also take a close look at the curve of the fender on both sides, from where the two mounting points are located, all the way down to the bottom of the fender, Those fenders are made from a mold, and set to cure for however long the manufacturer deems. Then they are set somewhere to totally settle before being made available for sale. During that process, the fenders end up with different curve lines, shapes, and widths, which ends up causing the customer to rectify those imperfections. During the clearance process, you can catch that and fix the issues by sanding certain edges, and the outside and/or inside surfaces, in the event the fender is not symmetric with the other side, or simply needs extra clearance room to prevent rubbing. As well, you will be able to take that time to determine whether or not you need to add washers on the inside of the fender where it mounts, to also get the fender to fit properly and evenly over the front tire.

By the way, welcome to "The Life Of The Meticulous and Particular" Bro. You have become a full-fledged member!!! 馃槀馃槀馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ I remember when I first had my 300 setup installed on my 08' MISUNDERSTOOD M109R, I use to look at it side by side with my 07' model that has the 280 setup installed...and I would go back and forth about whether the 300 looked any bigger than the 280. Then, one day after not having looked at either of them for weeks, I went out to the garage, and SHAZAM...there it was. What had always been there I could finally see. That 300 was a MONSTROSITY, and the 280 seemed like merely a Monster In The Making. I guess it's one of those things in life where you look at it for so long, and so intensely, you miss the obvious things that are staring right at you. I do the same thing with my 16 week old Male Cane Corso pup. I'm constantly monitoring everything about him. I have looked at him so much that it's very hard for me to see just much he has developed to this point. When other people around the neighborhood and other places I take him to see him, the first things out of their mouths are..."Wow, he's beautiful and huge! Look how big his paws are! What breed of dog is he.?" Every now and then, I will catch a glimpse of him, and think to myself..."dang when did he become that big, that tall, that developed?" I'm absurdly-ridiculous when it comes to stuff like that.馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀

Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
That turned out great bro, time and effort and money were well spent! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Maybe it's just me and bikes, but your comment about fighting you every step of the way seems to apply to most things I do to this bike. Nothing is ever real easy other than the minor maintenance stuff. Maybe it's because I'm so particular with every thing I do (my wife says that's my problem) but it sure seems like most mods take more time and effort than they should. But in the end it's worth it.

Registered
I love your 300 back wheel, they 鈥渁ll 鈥渞ub a little bit
Great job. Looks very good
Although many of them have and do rub a bit, that's just not true about "all" of them. There has been several members here who went to the 300 rear tire setup, and they did not have/have not had any issues with rubbing. There were a number of different reason why they didn't rub, as each of them found their own solutions.

Registered

Job well done and it definitely makes statement. Great execution on your vision.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts