M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy, this might be a dumb question but since I’m a new owner of a 2014 M109R and planning to replace all the control cables, I have no idea if I have the stock handle bar riser on my bike or with any extension riser added by the previous owner. Anyone care to share this information so I can get the correct length for my new cables? Thanks a million.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,952 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
And as they say, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. We're here to help with whatever you need, so ask away.
Here's a recent pic I stole from JUDAH-9 that shows the stock riser with a 2" extension block added to it. You can see the block just below the handle bars. Those are stock risers and they are the only ones I've seen with that shape. All aftermarket risers have holes or slots in them, stock are solid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!
And as they say, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. We're here to help with whatever you need, so ask away.
Here's a recent pic I stole from JUDAH-9 that shows the stock riser with a 2" extension block added to it. You can see the block just below the handle bars. Those are stock risers and they are the only ones I've seen with that shape. All aftermarket risers have holes or slots in them, stock are solid.

That surely helped. Mine is definitely stock. 👍

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Here's what the one inch shorter risers look like. Yana Shiki is the most common, as you can see, there are holes in them. The one inch shorter have three holes, the two inch longer have four.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts