M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealership last Saturday and one of the service reps told me Zuk's planning on changing the design of the 109 in 2012. He told me they weren't going to change the engine design, just the look. Has anyone else heard this? ???

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Seems a bit premature to speculate over what 2012 will be bringing when 2011 isn't even here yet :dontknow:. I would think that 2011 sales figures/numbers would be needed to help dictate what/if any changes would be made for 2012.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Going 6 years without a major redesign in the industry is asking for poor sales.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
:dontknow: Maybe in another 9-12 months we will know. Still waiting for the first 2011 models to hit around here.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
We'll all be dead so it won't matter.

Well the bike came out in 2006 and they've barely done any changes to it (and haven't really needed to). But by 2012 it might be cool to reboot the design and make it even sicker if that's even possible. Change can be good as long as it's for the better.

I hope they at least consider:

- Include Gear Shift Indicator
- Include underseat & cowl storage comparments
- Increase handlebar pullback slightly
- Get rid of the plastic tank speedo setup entirely and mount digital speedo to bars.
- Continue to mount tach in headlight cowl :bigthumbsup:
- Offer optional 2n1 muffler with removable baffles (just saying)
- Make adjusting the shock preload easier & more accessible
- Offer a more aggressive paint scheme

I'm sure I'll think of some others.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts

Well the bike came out in 2006 and they've barely done any changes to it (and haven't really needed to). But by 2012 it might be cool to reboot the design and make it even sicker if that's even possible. Change can be good as long as it's for the better.

- Get rid of the plastic tank speedo setup entirely and mount digital speedo to bars.

The gear shift indicator is now standard I believe.

·
Registered
567 Posts

You can check the gear indicator off your list...it's on the 2010's w/ the tach in the headlight cowl.

I'd like to see that sixth gear for those cruises through the high speedlimit states...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
The gear shift indicator is now standard I believe.
You know what I think your right I did see that! I like that and it's right in with the Tach in the headlight right? There are no 2010 in the U.S.A. at all so none of us have seen it in person.

I wonder if there gonna change.............(gasp)...........the headlight cowl design altogther!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :joke:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
You can check the gear indicator off your list...it's on the 2010's w/ the tach in the headlight cowl.

I'd like to see that sixth gear for those cruises through the high speedlimit states...
How about start with the basics...

Upgrade 2nd gear
upgrade clutch
Belt drive

:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
How about start with the basics...

Upgrade 2nd gear
upgrade clutch
Belt drive

:dontknow:
2nd gear isssue (how could I forget.......I guess I'm just used to it)

Clutch issue (I haven't had this issue yet but yes!)

What don't you like about the shaft drive? Too jerky at times?

Hopefully they'll install that new-fangled anti-crash mechanism as well. :joke:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Scott, you and I are on the same page bro. Funny.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
2nd gear isssue (how could I forget.......I guess I'm just used to it)

Clutch issue (I haven't had this issue yet but yes!)

What don't you like about the shaft drive? Too jerky at times?

Hopefully they'll install that new-fangled anti-crash mechanism as well. :joke:
The above weren't necessarily things I've encountered personally but things that people seem to mention the most.

However, Mine has been jumping out of gear from time to time. My clutch has also started feeling funny. will probably have to inspect this winter.:-\

The Anti Crash system didn't work out too well. That was hilarious. You saw that right?

·
Registered
678 Posts
^What do you mean "jumping out of gear"?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
^What do you mean "jumping out of gear"?
Under heavy load and a quick shift. It will be in gear for a few seconds then pop to a false neutral while speeding up. But my experience has mainly been in 3rd. So I'm somewhat under the belief that due to the heavy load I might not have shifted hard enough to fully catch the gear. Or I might have clutched too fast. Or it could just be a clutch problem all around. Eventually I'd like to get the gears backcut, course that's when I have an extra $5000 sitting around.:eek::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Sounds like the bent shift fork issue a few of us have/had, are you still under warranty?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Sounds like the bent shift fork issue a few of us have/had, are you still under warranty?
I'm not totally convinced of this yet, for me. I think I need to take a look at my clutch. It has been doing some weird things lately and the fact that these jumps happen in third and not 2nd....is also something that is leading me to the clutch for answers. Not saying you're incorrect, just that I will be looking more into it this winter.:bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I'm not totally convinced of this yet, for me. I think I need to take a look at my clutch. It has been doing some weird things lately and the fact that these jumps happen in third and not 2nd....is also something that is leading me to the clutch for answers. Not saying you're incorrect, just that I will be looking more into it this winter.:bigthumbsup:
it's the bent shift rod, if it feels like momentary slipping and then a hard kick like someone bumped your back tire

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
1 - 20 of 56 Posts