M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove over to Romney Cycles today and checked out the 2011 109s. They had a black one, a blue one and a leftover yellow LE. The new blue is pretty cool. I've always liked blue on vehicles anyway. Noticed the tach relocation (also gear indicator), didn't look like they addressed the brake pedal. I will be taking my nine over there tomorrow to store it for 6-7 weeks. I lost my indoor storage yesterday, don't really want to leave the bike out on the carport. They only charge a small fee, will keep the battery charged, add fuel and ring conditioner, so it's worth it to me. On a different note, my oldest son enlisted in the Army (as an MP) this week and will be leaving for Missouri on Feb 1st. I had to tell someone, thanks for listening.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Drove over to Romney Cycles today and checked out the 2011 109s. They had a black one, a blue one and a leftover yellow LE. The new blue is pretty cool. I've always liked blue on vehicles anyway. Noticed the tach relocation (also gear indicator), didn't look like they addressed the brake pedal. I will be taking my nine over there tomorrow to store it for 6-7 weeks. I lost my indoor storage yesterday, don't really want to leave the bike out on the carport. They only charge a small fee, will keep the battery charged, add fuel and ring conditioner, so it's worth it to me. On a different note, my oldest son enlisted in the Army (as an MP) this week and will be leaving for Missouri on Feb 1st. I had to tell someone, thanks for listening.
I buy my bikes from Kevin at Romney Cycles too. Where you at in WVa?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ahead of time jdmitchell. His name is Tyler J. Hall. He is pretty pumped right now. He has never been away from this area for any length of time. I know he makes friends fairly easily. His mother and I divorced about 5 yrs ago, unfortunately she passed away end of Sept. 2009. It will be good for him to get a fresh start. I'm the one who will be lost.

·
Registered
960 Posts
If you tell me your son's name and unit I will keep an eye out for him since I teach all the MP's on FLW the M9, MK-19, and M2.
I KNEW I liked JD, just wasn't quite sure why! Now I know.:D

Congrats to your son and may God go with him.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Small world, my son worked at the wisp the last couple years too. He went into the Army in August. He is stationed in El Paso, Texas now. I worked at the wisp years ago too as a ski instructor. I ride down to Cumberland alot on the weekends on my bikes.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Thanks ahead of time jdmitchell. His name is Tyler J. Hall. He is pretty pumped right now. He has never been away from this area for any length of time. I know he makes friends fairly easily. His mother and I divorced about 5 yrs ago, unfortunately she passed away end of Sept. 2009. It will be good for him to get a fresh start. I'm the one who will be lost.
Once he is assigned to a unit, send me a PM. He will be coming through our training in week 10 and again in week 15.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
I think I like the blue one also, but need to see it in the daylight. :congrats: to your son and I hope his training goes well. Hope to see you at the BIG Meet in June. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
769 Posts
oooh nooo. here we go. did not want to call ronney. afraid to.but now that you mention it.
how much was he asking for that fast beautiful 2011 black beast he has there?
by the way congrats on your son and relax , JD is a good guy and he will take good care of your son. plus you have here a lot of people wishing him well.
am sure he will make his father proud.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Just wanted to say that it's great of you to watch out
on a fellow 109'ers son
just show what kind of people are on this site
I know any of you would do the same in return.

JUtah's son came through a couple months ago and I only saw him since I wasn't teaching the day that he was in MK-19 and M9 training.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Best Wishes

Best wishes to you and your son. Sorry for the loss of his mom. Tell him we appreciate his service. I had a nephew ship out for the navy a week ago and I hope someone takes him under their wing. On the 11's, isn't black is the fastest...:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Best of wishes to your son on his new adventure.
Our local dealer here in Raleigh, N.C. just got in a blue nine, and a 2011 LE.
I like them both, but if I had the LE, I would like a matching pin strip around those rims. The solid blacked out rims don't do it for me with so much chrome left showing. If I blacked it out, I would do it like some of the folks here on the forums with the black exhaust, hub, etc..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts