1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
960 Posts
and yet the beavertail is still there? Hmmm.??? I like the changes!

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I always liked the tach up top, kind of old-fashioned hotrod look. I do not like the tach in the cowl at all, leaves lots of empty real estate on top of the risers that looks STUPID. Matter-of-fact, I will be replacing my stock tach with a 5" Autometer Pro Cycle tach in the near future.

They will never do away with the beaver tail from the factory, got to have that fender legally.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I like the way the tach looks inside the cowling, but I loved how mine used to be positioned up top. I never had to check my speed with it hit up like that. I could just glance at the tach and know pretty much how fast I was going

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I will be getting the 2010/2011 front headlight. I was going to get the two pieces molded on mine but Im going to wait for the 2011 parts to be released. I wish someone who has the 2010 would call their dealer and get the part number for their wiring harness. As long as the wiring harness is the same then the new tach will work.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133605

·
Registered
68 Posts
2011 Tach

Hey, first one who buys a 2011 and would rather have my chrome wart, I'll swap!

G

·
Shoulda put a digital speedo instead of the same gay one we have! Only thing I don't like about the bike. Most of the time I drive with the tach, but in town, you have to keep looking down at the speedo. Not terribly safe.

·
Registered
300 Posts
6 speed trans??!!??!!! where is the 6 speed trans??!?!! they just dont get it, do they! cruise would also be nice. the tach adds the certain something that the bike needs, so it should stay on top..IMHO!

G

·
6 speed trans??!!??!!! where is the 6 speed trans??!?!! they just dont get it, do they! cruise would also be nice. the tach adds the certain something that the bike needs, so it should stay on top..IMHO!
+1, on the 6 speed, can't believe I forgot that one. Or some better ratios for the 5.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think the tach intagrated into the cowl cleans it up some but just wonder if its as easily seen when riding. I love having a tach, it is part of the reason I went with the 9 instead of a raider, a small reason but still a reason.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think the tach intagrated into the cowl cleans it up some but just wonder if its as easily seen when riding. I love having a tach, it is part of the reason I went with the 9 instead of a raider, a small reason but still a reason.
I have no problems seeing the tach, and I'm around 5'8"

·
Registered
474 Posts
Cool so I take it you have a 2011 :congrats:. How do you like it?
Thanks. Mine's the one in the picture above. It's a 2010. So far I like it. I traded in my '09 M90 for it. The ride is similar to the M90, but I like the better components like the brakes, and better/Beefier brackets and what else ......hmmm......oh yeah, the motor :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts