M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my local dealer and viewed the 2011 M109. It was dark blue, a new color. The tach was mounted in the headlight nacelle. Integrated in the tach was a gear indicator. It reads 0 for neutral then 1-5 for the gears. The color is the same grey as the tach bar graph. The face appear to be the same size as previous models. I wonder if we can retro-fit this tach back to the older bikes and wire up the gear indicator? I would think this would be an easy mod. The problem would be the choice of buying a new tach from the dealer, big $$$, or be the first vulture to purchase one of these tach's off a new wrecked M109!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would buy one if the price was right and it fit

Yea I was wondering if the new tach is the same size as the old with just a indicator in it. I would be interested also in putting one in my 06 if it would work and give it a more stock look :dontknow: I think the old one for 06 is 452 something..I guess it dependes on how bad you want it..right?

Just got back from my local dealer and viewed the 2011 M109. It was dark blue, a new color. The tach was mounted in the headlight nacelle. Integrated in the tach was a gear indicator. It reads 0 for neutral then 1-5 for the gears. The color is the same grey as the tach bar graph. The face appear to be the same size as previous models. I wonder if we can retro-fit this tach back to the older bikes and wire up the gear indicator? I would think this would be an easy mod. The problem would be the choice of buying a new tach from the dealer, big $$$, or be the first vulture to purchase one of these tach's off a new wrecked M109!

·
Radio Active Member
27,683 Posts
I would have to think that you would need to replace your wiring harness for it or at least make one to make it work. Personally I like the tach where it is unless you went with a completely different handle bar set up like V10killers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts