M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get 2" risers installed. I read all the posts here over the past few days and it seems that some people will tell you that you need new cables and others will say you can reroute. What I noticed is that the bikes are all different and I assume the cable lengths changed depending on the year of the bike (newer seem to be shorter, and older ones seem to be longer). Does anyone have any experience putting 2" risers on a 2011 m109r?

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I want to get 2" risers installed. I read all the posts here over the past few days and it seems that some people will tell you that you need new cables and others will say you can reroute. What I noticed is that the bikes are all different and I assume the cable lengths changed depending on the year of the bike (newer seem to be shorter, and older ones seem to be longer). Does anyone have any experience putting 2" risers on a 2011 m109r?
On the newer models with the tach in the nacelle you need longer cables you can't reroute.

·
Registered
8,676 Posts
Yup did mine and when I rerouted the cables they rubbed against my tank. So I got the +2 braided lines from motion pro.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts