M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised that I haven't heard anyone in this group talking about the spring flood run yet. Are any of you planning on going this year?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As of right now I already have a group that I am riding with. There is just about every type of cycle in our group. I usually stop and chat with anyone I see on a 9 so was curious who might be out and about. Hopefully run into a few fellow 9 riders. Wouldn't mind getting a group together and riding this summer though.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Depending on the weather, I think that MNDiesel and I along with Grinney (I think) will be there.

Thats a RED (Me), Grey (MNDiesel) and a Blue LE (Grinney)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be the only 9 in our group, but hopefully I will run into a few of you on the ride! Ride safe!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I was there today with MNDiesel and another buddy. Saw quite a few 9's out there, more than I have before.

Thanks to Craig (MNDiesel) for another great Flood Run!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I saw your bikes in Maiden Rock...

You were parked on the North/East side of the street near a bakery. I kept an eye out for you guys but never saw you. We ventured down by the riverside to grap lunch.

I left Eden Prairie around noon with a buddy and his wife (they were on a yellew Big Dog Mastiff.) After leaving Maiden Rock, we followed 35 south another 15 miles or so turned around and meandered our way home by 7pm.

Too bad we didn't hook-up!...

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Crew,

Did you hook up a GPS this year?? I saw a black one sitting on the west side of the street as we were leaving.

We headed out about 8:45 in the morning and it was chilly! We headed back up to Prescott around 4:30 or so. You should have called!!!!

I've got to get over to your house one of these days, that throttle lock would have been nice!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes. That was probably mine...

I mounted a GPS last year prior to the Labor Day trip. Yesterday, not only was the GPS mounted, but I forgot to remove it and turn it "off." So, if the GPS unit was "on", then surely it was mine. I had my cell phone but don't have your number punch-in yet.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes, That was you then. I remember seeing the GPS still on. I left mine at home that day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
BTW: Rode with the new Metzler's on Saturday...

Most of you probably already know this, but... Wow, what a difference! I went with the 260/130 combo and can't believe the upgraded ride quality and compliance these tires have over the stockers. They soak up the small road imperfections and stick like grim death as you roll-up the throttle exiting tight corners or lay into high speed sweepers.

The set ran me $378 delivered to the door after a Dennis Kirk price match.

Feels like a completely different bike!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I really want the Metzler. Every thing I've heard about them has been good and they give so much better traction. The stockers suck. I have the E3's 250 on mine which are a little better but next time I would like to get the Metzler 260. Glad to hear you like then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Going from the Dunnies to the ME880's may not be as noticable as going from stockers

to ME880's. I simply can't overstate how glad I am to have spent the extra $55 on the Metzlers.

MNDiesel: Did you do a HID upgrade?.. If so, what brand and set-up did you go with (HID Hi and Lo or just HID Lo with Hi Halogen?)

Thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
I did an full HID kit. I got from a group by a while back. I'll send you more information in a PM

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Saw quite a few 9s out on the run, but no one was stopped to talk to. I was hoping to to run into a couple of you. I know I'm in Rochester, but maybe we can get together and ride sometime.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did any of you see the bike/car collision south of Prescott? Both were on a flatbed when I went by. Great weather and an enormous amount of bikes out.

Saw a few nines too.. all my friends that had 9's took their rockets out so I had some fast riding to do. The nine sure does well for a cruiser when running with R'1s, F4s ect..

·
Registered
583 Posts
I kept my rocket at home. I know that ride all to well and that I would be stuck in traffic, which I would rather be on the 9 for stop and go. I keep the rocket for the quiet fun county roads with no one around

purvistechie and I did not see the crash but one of his friends was stuck in Prescott because of it. Heard 2 old people pulled out on a bunch of bikes hitting 3 of them with 2 not making it.... :'(

I dont' think they make it through the flood run any year without this kind of crap happening... No Good...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts