M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice from everyone. I have the opportunity to purchase a 2010 LE for $1500.00 less than a new 2011. The 2010 is unused, sitting in a showroom.....so last years stock.
Can anyone see any advantage or disadvantage to buying the 1 year old but new 2010?

Dave

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should clarify, that in Canada we had a 2010 LE model that is the exact same color scheme as the USA 2011 LE. I believe the tach is also hidden behind the headlight cowel as well.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The tach of 2010 is in the headlight bucket ... look in my profil for the pics.... IMO if there is no add to the 2011 .... save 1500$ :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know, $1500 buys a pipe, a K&N and a fuel management.... Am I nuts, here we go with the mods all over again...I'm addicted man

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We don't have the 2011 yet either, but we are able to order them at this time.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Same Bike

2010 was released overseas and "way up north" it is the same bike as we in the US will be getting as a 2011. No difference at all in bikes we in the "States" didn't get a 2010 release.

I'm just having in issue not buying anything right now I really want to see the 2010/2011 LE in person but, there are some GREAT deals out there on the 9 right now. Tis the Season:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
838 Posts
different years but same kind of story. I was able to get a new .4 mile 08 for around 4k less than a new 09. The cool thing was that I liked the orange better than any of the 09 colors.
So do you want to say you saved? Orrrrrrr, do you want to say you have the newest year? From what I'm reading from the guys on here is that our (U.S) 2011 is the same as everyone else's 2010

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
for resale value it is always better to have a newer bike. Unfortunatly the 2010 is already a year old. I think you could get a better deal, especially with the 2011 right around the corner. Go for $2500 ;)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Save $1500!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As you can see, I have a 2006. I always wanted a brand new bike...my butt the first to sit on the seat...no scratches, dents etc.
The 2010 is $1500.00 cheaper, but a year of sitting in the showroom with every snot-nosed kid and bored adult climbing aboard. I know it sounds odd, but I have a lot of reservations with it sitting in a showroom for a year. I haven't seen it in person yet, so next week I will see it and go over it with a fine toothed comb.
Do I have any concerns with fluids sitting for a year, seals, battery..tires...ANYTHING??
Any help, either way, would be appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
As you can see, I have a 2006. I always wanted a brand new bike...my butt the first to sit on the seat...no scratches, dents etc.
The 2010 is $1500.00 cheaper, but a year of sitting in the showroom with every snot-nosed kid and bored adult climbing aboard. I know it sounds odd, but I have a lot of reservations with it sitting in a showroom for a year. I haven't seen it in person yet, so next week I will see it and go over it with a fine toothed comb.
Do I have any concerns with fluids sitting for a year, seals, battery..tires...ANYTHING??
Any help, either way, would be appreciated.

Dave
Hey there, I have been shopping around for a 2010, absolutely love the color scheme of the LE. The best price I have found so far is $12995. As for your question, I bought a left over ZRX1200 a few years back and had zero problems and no regrets.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
should be empty

If it is a new bike it should be empty of all fluids usually they don't add anything to it unless it is a "demo" or used. At least that is the case with most shops that I've looked at in my area.

If it is $1500 less then last year maybe you can get more off of it, if it is the last one they have in the shop. They may be willing to "deal" with you more if that is the case.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
like wildman said! plus use this time of year to your advantage! remember use "in a month it will be a year older as well" to your advantage:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, really good points guys. I guess it will come down to its condtion and if I can grind them a little further off the price.

Hey Ottawa...you said $13,000? Plus tax...so $14,500 ish?? Thats Canadian dealer price...or American site?

·
Registered
927 Posts
there is 1 2011 @ my local dealer...not LE tho...
Was at my dealer friday and the manager was saying that Suzuki is doing things differently now...they are not sending out mass quantities of their bikes...he's getting in 3 2011 suzuki. A busa, GSXR 1000, and one 2011 M109r...but he wont get multiple colors because Suzuki is being tight with their allocations here...it was the first time I had ever gone by there and they had 0 109s on the showroom floor. Guess that's a good thing...Maybe. :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts